Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penn and Teller

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Those two tricks which fooled them!
The card one - he should have asked if the twat standing with Ross kept his F****** mouth shut could they do the trick, course not, telepathy my arse!, the code words for each card he was looking at is kid's stuff, surely.

The meal swop one - he should have asked to SEE the cards on which was written who was sitting at the tables, eating a specific dish, rather than getting the person to READ them to the audience - the person sitting at this table is called (say your name) and the meal is (the dish you can see). (either that or they were plants, would have been more impressive if he had throw a ball over his shoulder to select the first player with his back to the audience or get Ross to pick the player)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Those two tricks which fooled them!
The card one - he should have asked if the twat standing with Ross kept his F****** mouth shut could they do the trick, course not, telepathy my arse!, the code words for each card he was looking at is kid's stuff, surely.

Exactly what I thought. I don't know the code they had, but there were obviously some "tells" between the two based on words, or body movements / positions. I was amazed those two were "fooled" by that one.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I agree the silhouettes trick was a weak trick to be "fooled" by but the dishes and people trick was good. Couldn't help thinking that none of the supposedly random people chosen for it were all that shocked and amazed when reading out their cards however. Had I been in that situation I'd be thinking "how the f*** does he know my name, how to spell it and that I'd be sat here?"

It's fishy but stil fun.

Real good Saturday night entertainment this. And it's the first show I've watched on ITV since I was a child.

The nailgun routine at the end was genuinely painful to watch

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
What i like about it is it has proved that the little quiet chap is the real talent and brains behind the outfit and the other one is just a fat, loud-mouthed showman.

He should go solo and make more money.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Exactly what I thought. I don't know the code they had, but there were obviously some "tells" between the two based on words, or body movements / positions. I was amazed those two were "fooled" by that one.

Well, I think that P&T would have guessed how the trick was done if the 2 chaps on stage didn't try and send them in the wrong direction. The guy with the cards deliberately made a motion which looked like he was switching decks, knowing that P&T only get one guess as to how the trick was done.
As soon as they said there was no deck switch, Penn seemed visibly angry, knowing that they placed a move in their routine to deliberately take them off the scent of the tricks actual method.

Penn even said something along the lines of "If they hadn't pulled the switch deck move, I'd have a good idea how it was done", and even called them out saying that they pulled the move on purpose.

Clever thinking, or cheating... I'm not sure?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here