Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty Shoot Out

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Same old, same old, we just dont get it do we, us British arent good at penalties yet we stupid enough to play for it EVERYTIME oh and what happens we lose EVERYTIME, we really that stupid ?

pacman

Jul 27, 2008
Farnborough
Should have been retaken though. Keeper was a good 3 yards off his line. I can't remember the last time I've seen a Lino give those decisions though

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As soon as he stopped it was over!!!

It was over even before that-he was fussing about with the penalty spot and placement of the ball. Nearly always ends up with a miss.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
We showed no intetion to win that game, at home with loads of fans behind us, we just made boring subs, taking off players likely to win the game eg Bellamy and Sinclair, we also played the ball soooo slow and never looked like we deserved to win today. Im soooo annoyed as we had such a opportunity to get a medal in this. Pearce has done a SHOCKER.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Let this not detract from what has been an historical night for British sport. Some massive performances in the Olympic stadium tonight. Get in!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Should have been retaken though. Keeper was a good 3 yards off his line. I can't remember the last time I've seen a Lino give those decisions though

It's also now against the rules to stop in the middle of a penalty run-up. As soon as he hesitated, he lost his momentum, giving the goalie the chance to go the right way. Sturridge was expecting the keeper to be fooled and dive early, but it didn't work.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As soon as he stepped up I said he'd miss cos he's a cocky bastard. Then he done that stupid hesitant thing that proved the cockiness - and missed. Like that Ronaldo bloke. Cocky tosser.

Exactly my thoughts too. He's incapable of just doing the simple, or thinking team ahead of self. Knew he was going to showboat, and screw up. And so he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here