Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pearl harbour

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think they (USA) knew and keept quiet about it.

Somehow the USA had to enter the War, but not declare war on themselves.

The strange thing about this is, Germany declared war on the USA (did not need too) but Japan did not declare war on the USSR.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The award for random thread of the decade has been won.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I think we knew , unfortunatly there was not much interest , as the name was also shared by an up and coming American vaudville singer who happened to make an unpleasent remark about the forces sweetheart , Dame Vera . God bless 'er .

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We didn't know! Ffs who makes this shit up - who's brought a new book out and is trying go flog it? The Americans had numerous warnings and didnt head then. It's the rule of democracies - you have to be dealt the first blow by an aggressor!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Has anyone been to Pearl Harbour, I'm in Honolulu in July and wondered whether its worth doing a tour there?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It wouldn't have made any difference if the USA had repelled the attack, it would still have entered the War. In any case, Germany declared war on them a couple of days later.

The Yanks would have preferred to start hostilities in 1944 to be consistent with WW1. :lol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Has anyone been to Pearl Harbour, I'm in Honolulu in July and wondered whether its worth doing a tour there?

I would love to go to the museum there.I think you can see the Arizona still 'poking' out the water.I would definitely not miss this opportunity.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Isn't it a bit late to be worrying about this?

uss_arizona.jpg

USS%20Arizona%20burning.jpeg

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.

Yes, interesting and heavy hearted. Actual survivors (fewer every day) of the sunken ships give the tours, hearing their voices crack when telling the same story for the umpteenth time gets you thinking about what is down there and what happened, and how effed up all of the human race can be.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If this hadn't taken place, I wouldn't have been able to take part................................. In Medal of Honour. :unclesam:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
The Rev casts his rod and then reels 'em in .
:lolol:

The Rev is getting very good at this fishing lark.

Personally, I think the whole Pearl Harbour thing never actually happened, and was just a Hollywood set up, to bring the Yanks in.

After all, they did it years later with the moon landings.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We didn't know! Ffs who makes this shit up - who's brought a new book out and is trying go flog it? The Americans had numerous warnings and didnt head then.

wasnt there classified documents released under 50 year rule a while back that showed we did indeed know about an imminent attack, which was forwarded to the US. maybe that's urban myth. eitherway how clear would such information have been? not date and time im sure so what use would it have been?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here