Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peace Ship Attacked

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Surely you can't miss the hypocrisy of your statement when your views are the complete opposite when it comes to Northern Ireland.

One rule for one, one rule for another?
Not at all, there is no comparison whatsoever, northern ireland is an integral part of the united kingdom and i served there as a member of the armed fores of the united kingdom, whereas dazza served as a member of the armed forces of a country his ancestors left 2000 years ago, and which he has little or no connection to barring his religion.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I guess you aren't man enough to admit that Britain doesn't exactly have a spotless past. Hooray for the UK, the only country in history to get everything right.
Oh i am, its just that see no benefit whatsoever in applying 19th century standards and practices to 21st century situations, we behaved according to the standards of the time, it just so happens that we were better at it than anyone else, and for some reason wankers like you want to get all weepy and apologetic about someone transported as a slave from africa 350 years ago, despite the act you had absolutely 100%fuckall to do with it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If you read what he has been saying, you might not agree with him but his approach, imo, has been very considered. I, for one, hope he continues to bring some balance to the conversation. This is a very complex issue, and anyone that thinks they are 100% right on it is guaranteed to be wrong.

It was Buba he reminds me of. There is a trigger that causes someone with no interest in the Albion to start posting on the board. It is a free country and all that - but I don't expect to see Greeno's views on Calderon's exit any time soon.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Oh i am, its just that see no benefit whatsoever in applying 19th century standards and practices to 21st century situations, we behaved according to the standards of the time, it just so happens that we were better at it than anyone else, and for some reason wankers like you want to get all weepy and apologetic about someone transported as a slave from africa 350 years ago, despite the act you had absolutely 100%fuckall to do with it.

You do make me laugh sometimes - Not so much an oral 'shot across the bows' more piling in with a couple of exocets.. Have some of that PL :lolol:

May 22, 2008
Not at all, there is no comparison whatsoever, northern ireland is an integral part of the united kingdom and i served there as a member of the armed fores of the united kingdom, whereas dazza served as a member of the armed forces of a country his ancestors left 2000 years ago, and which he has little or no connection to barring his religion.

Bushy, I served not out of choice just my parents moved us to Israel when i was younger and it was Army or prison, but i guess i would have never serve out of choice for british army. though my grandfather was at Dday plus 1 day, in the welsh Guards.

I did find the IDF hard as lots i dont agree with but israel has the right to live in peace and defend its self from hamas.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It was Buba he reminds me of. There is a trigger that causes someone with no interest in the Albion to start posting on the board. It is a free country and all that - but I don't expect to see Greeno's views on Calderon's exit any time soon.

Possibly - he has made some Albion related posts before, but generally appears to be a Law student at Birmingham University who pops up whenever a Jewish-centred thread starts. Very similar to the Buba situation but he appears to have a bit more background than the cut-n-paste idiot we had to contend with back then.

May 22, 2008

so please take back the little or no connection barring me being jewish please!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bushy, I served not out of choice just my parents moved us to Israel when i was younger and it was Army or prison, but i guess i would have never serve out of choice for british army. though my grandfather was at Dday plus 1 day, in the welsh Guards.

I did find the IDF hard as lots i dont agree with but israel has the right to live in peace and defend its self from hamas.
I agree with what you say about Israel living in peace etc, but there is also a lot they could do to marginalise the hardiners in hamas, unfortunately there appear to be some members of the israeli governmemnt who cannot see beyond grabbing as much land as they can in the creation of a ' greater israel', netanyahu is a prime example of this.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
so please take back the little or no connection barring me being jewish please!
Dont want to be deliberately provocative, but i'm not going to take anythuing back, your parents moving you to israel when you were young doesnt alter the fact that you had little or no connection to the country when you moved there apart from the fact your ancestors may or may not have lived there and left 2000 years ago, unless you can put me right and you have more recent connections ?

Dandyman

In London village.
Whilst I admit the orthodox and Russian and US immigrants could be argued to play a role, would you not agree that 10,000 rockets fired over the space of 8 years with little direct action taken by the government until last year, over 1000 killed by suicide bomb attacks, and the fact that there has been very very little outcry around the world about the kidnapped soldier Gilad Shalit who has not had any access to the red cross, to the UN or any contact with his family for 4 years , is enough to make any country lean towards the right!!

Its also worth noting that the peace agreement with Egypt and the withdrawal from the Sinai was done by a right wing government as was the disengagement from Gaza.

As far as I am aware no one has been killed by rockets from Gaza since 2009 (happy to be corrected if that is wrong).

If Israel wants a secure future, it needs to withdraw from the West Bank asap and allow a viable Palestinian state to exist in WB and Gaza.

Just to be even handed, I'll add that before the 1930's Zionism was a fringe political creed. It and Israel both exist now because European civilisation allowed 6 millions Jews (and others) to be slaughtered. After WW2 the UK allowed war criminals to enter this country but denied entry to Jewish "Displaced Persons". I am very critical of much that Israel does but ignoring how it came into existance seems rather dishonest to me.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The logic behind your reasoning is baffling to say the least. You are now saying that Israel, a country with a population of under 7 million, roughly the population of London, somehow managed to persuade one of the biggest players in the Arab world, with a population of well over 300 million, to keep its doors shut on other Arabs, and yet you do not have any proof of such an allegation.

Are you really worth debating with?

Woah there!!! This is going down completely the wrong path. Egypt has tight border controls because it has its own Islamic porblem and doesn't want Hamas influencing it. It's problem is very different form Israel's. Do not get fooled into thinking Israel and Egypt are in cahoots here. The fact is Egypt is letting ALL the supplies in however there are some hiccups. Israel is only letting PART of the supplies in SOMETIMES as part of a systematic policy to make things hard for the palestinians.

Have you read Avi Shlaim... the Iron Wall, Greeno?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Should make the point... if no one has noticed that it now seems that there may have been Turkish jihadis on the main boat who may have opened fire. This is from a Turkish source... although there is no connection with either Hamas or El Qaeda.

This certainly makes it muddy but still the ball is in Israel's court... although they now have more justification.

One point made yesterday was that although Israel did have the right to blockade, their approach to stopping the ships was against international law. Step one is verbal warning. Step two is fire across bows. Step 3 is block route with ships. Only step 4 is boarding.

As we know this was not the approach taken by the Israeli forces. We are talking of a maximum of four jihadis on a boat of hundreds so if the Israelis had taken the normal approach none of this may have happened.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Whilst deploring the Israeli action and supporting the basic tenets behind the aid ship, this reaction from one of the people deported from israel, one paveen yaqub makes me laugh

"We were terrorized for the last few days by the Israeli authorities," she said, visibly shaken and holding back tears. "It was an insane situation. I'm exhausted. I haven't slept for days. I was on hunger strike for the last few hours."

yes love , because they're going to be bothered about some bird going on hunger strike for a few f***ing hours after theyve just shot dead about 9 people in full view of the world media :facepalm:

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton

There are tools you can download that will alert you to "anti-israeli" polls and discussions. The israelis are very organised on this front, they really appreciate the power of the internet and harnessing the mass power of nerds.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Whilst deploring the Israeli action and supporting the basic tenets behind the aid ship, this reaction from one of the people deported from israel, one paveen yaqub makes me laugh

"We were terrorized for the last few days by the Israeli authorities," she said, visibly shaken and holding back tears. "It was an insane situation. I'm exhausted. I haven't slept for days. I was on hunger strike for the last few hours."

yes love , because they're going to be bothered about some bird going on hunger strike for a few f***ing hours after theyve just shot dead about 9 people in full view of the world media :facepalm:

how can you go on hunger strike for a few hours. in that case i have been on hunger strike for at least two hours and plan on seeing at least another hour and a half out. i hope my body will handle the shock of a pint of lager and some fags when i end my epic fast, after being put through so much in the name of my principles.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
how can you go on hunger strike for a few hours. in that case i have been on hunger strike for at least two hours and plan on seeing at least another hour and a half out. i hope my body will handle the shock of a pint of lager and some fags when i end my epic fast, after being put through so much in the name of my principles.
soppy bint, she really needs a new greenham common to truly fulfil her millie tant potential.

Greeno

Oct 16, 2009
As far as I am aware no one has been killed by rockets from Gaza since 2009 (happy to be corrected if that is wrong).

If Israel wants a secure future, it needs to withdraw from the West Bank asap and allow a viable Palestinian state to exist in WB and Gaza.

Just to be even handed, I'll add that before the 1930's Zionism was a fringe political creed. It and Israel both exist now because European civilisation allowed 6 millions Jews (and others) to be slaughtered. After WW2 the UK allowed war criminals to enter this country but denied entry to Jewish "Displaced Persons". I am very critical of much that Israel does but ignoring how it came into existance seems rather dishonest to me.

You are correct, no one has been killed in a rocket this year. But to be honest, should it really matter? The fact is every house that is within 7miles (i think- it may be less), by law, has to be built with a bomb shelter in it. It is more a testament to the precautions that Israel has taken to protect its citizens together with a sheer miracle that no one has been killed. I'm not sure if you are implying this, but to imply that Israel is only justified in acting if it waits for one of its citizens to be killed is not the way any government in a democratic (yes it has its problems) country should behave.

I agree that Israel needs to get out of the West Bank and leave Gaza the f*** alone asap but its not as simple as that and a unilateral immediate withdrawal could lead to a situation like the one in Gaza. At the moment until a comprehensive peace agreement is reached, Israel should carry on with developing the West Bank as it is currently doing and doing its utmost to strengthen the moderates and isolate the extremists.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here