Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pc help please

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
i am currently on my home pc. i recently purchased a spyware antivirus and scanned my whole system but it still keeps resetting. i am connected to blueyonder broadband and every now and then my computer resets itself and i have to start from scratch (logging on etc) has anyone else had the same probs?????
this new thing i brought xoftspy has detected and removed trojan and gbdialer but i am still having probs. can anyone be of some assistance in this sudden crisis.......:nono:

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
if using XP (or ME) don't forget to switch off system restore when removing virus's and trojans as this may restore them when the computer restarts.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
tks mr fridge but how do i switch off the system restore :dunce:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
vh i have downloaded the AVG 7.0 trial version of an antivirus but i have just purchased xoftspy as it seemed the only one to locate all trojans etc that have invaded my pc. i have done what mr fridge has said ie i have disabled my system restore and virus checked my machine and its files and now it is saying i have nothing (viruses etc) do i enable my system restore now or do i leave it off......and to think i work with pc's all the time but i have never had to maintain them :rolleyes:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
hampden park said:
tks mr fridge but how do i switch off the system restore :dunce:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
hampden park said:
vh i have downloaded the AVG 7.0 trial version of an antivirus but i have just purchased xoftspy as it seemed the only one to locate all trojans etc that have invaded my pc. i have done what mr fridge has said ie i have disabled my system restore and virus checked my machine and its files and now it is saying i have nothing (viruses etc) do i enable my system restore now or do i leave it off......and to think i work with pc's all the time but i have never had to maintain them :rolleyes:

I would imagine you want to switch it back on but make a new (virus free) restore point before restarting your computer.

Last edited:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
thanks rangdo i will give that a go tks i will let u know how i do
:wave:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
done that lets see if it works, i hope so as this could be costly otherwise. thanks again everyone for yr input :wave:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Mine's been messing around today too. I've downloaded extra anti-virus and spybot, but it still keeps crashing.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
dougdeep said:
Mine's been messing around today too. I've downloaded extra anti-virus and spybot, but it still keeps crashing.

Defrag helps sometimes. Don't want to teach you to suck eggs although I have some good pointers on that too.

Last edited:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
f*** f*** f*** f*** f***
its gone and done it again.
i have defraged, virus scanned, spyware scanned, switched off system restore whilst doing this, switched system restore back on and it did it again :angry: :censored: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here