Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC advice needed

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
for the last month I have had yahoo browser appearing after the initial page has gone(Google) now I know there has been some business where some of the browsers have been sharing and I certainly have not linked or changed anything to bring Yahoo onto my PC, I have got into the guts and deleted the programme and its still there.

help!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have a problem which I hope the more knowledgeable on here can help me with:

When writing to a cd the message preparing the cd for future use or similar comes up witha time bar running it ok when it says 20 secs or any other remaining time until it gets to 5 secs remaining and then this keeps going for about 2 or 3 minutes and eventually it comes up with an error message to say that there was a problem with the writing process and saves the information to try again later. How can I rectify this writng process problem.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I have a problem which I hope the more knowledgeable on here can help me with:

When writing to a cd the message preparing the cd for future use or similar comes up witha time bar running it ok when it says 20 secs or any other remaining time until it gets to 5 secs remaining and then this keeps going for about 2 or 3 minutes and eventually it comes up with an error message to say that there was a problem with the writing process and saves the information to try again later. How can I rectify this writng process problem.

Download some decent burning software, and make sure the discs are all valid.

To glasfryn, you must have downloaded something which has installed fiddled with your homepage, go to settings, and change your homepage, delete cookies and your cache just for good measure.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Get the page you want onfirefox.Click Tools,Options,General,Then go to message at top make sure it says,Show my home page,Then click use current page.It will load this page on start up. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here