Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paynter - genuine question

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Grayson added: "He works ever so hard, holds the ball up well and he has proved he knows where the back of the net is.

"When we knew he was available we were desperate to get him. We feel he will be a good acquisition for the club and I am delighted to have got him."

but not now.............

D

Deleted member 18477

Grayson added: "He works ever so hard, holds the ball up well and he has proved he knows where the back of the net is.

"When we knew he was available we were desperate to get him. We feel he will be a good acquisition for the club and I am delighted to have got him."

but not now.............

sometimes a player just needs to move on for both the club and himself. this is certainly the case here. just look at darren bent. for spurs he wasnt that great... for sunderland? he was rather decent. it happens in football. paynter might be shit for us and if thats the case then fair enough but he deserves a chance at least!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I hope i am wrong but a good friend who is Leeds supporter told me that amongst the Leeds fans he is known as 'Barn Door Billy'. I might add that this is from an Eastbourne fan who watches a high proportion of their home games never mind their Sourthern area away fixtures. Accordingly, its not a judgment by an armchair Sky sports fan.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Can't believe the reaction of some on here - it's a signing - that's always exciting - let's see what happens - better that having no competition for places???

This.

Do many of you not remember the days when we would speculate on here throughout the transfer window for the signings that might be made and then ending up with nobody at all. Gus is not only making signings but good ones and i can't think of bad one.

Surely you get on the back of a manager and his signings when you're doing badly, we won league 1 at a canter and holding our own in the championship and if a few results had gone our way we would be 2nd. We are still only a few points off the playoffs so just give the team and players a chance to prove themselves

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This.

Do many of you not remember the days when we would speculate on here throughout the transfer window for the signings that might be made and then ending up with nobody at all. Gus is not only making signings but good ones and i can't think of bad one.

Really?

Arismendi?
Battipiedi?
Baz?
Poke?
Sandaza?

Captin_Elmo

Bleughhh.
Oct 28, 2011
He deserves a chance surley, Gus clearly rates him highly and went for him in the summer, i'd like to see him play tomorrow... he must be so eager to impress

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
More physical and more direct, better with his head. Less ability than Hosking and Barnes with his feet, although he can get the scruffy goals that some strikers don't seem to get.

I would very much doubt that!

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Really?

Arismendi?
Battipiedi?
Baz?
Poke?
Sandaza?

Sandaza only had a few games and never really got a run in the team but would probably been pretty good at League 1 level but Gus moved him on when we went up as he realised this.
Poke is still at the club but hasn't played yet but is still fairly young for a goalkeeper so its a bit early to judge
Arismendi was injured and only played 6 games, had a reasonable spell at barnsley and i think he's back at Stoke and they haven't got rid of him so they see something in him.
The other two were signed very cheaply (frees?) on one year deals to see what they could do, ok i'll give you those as two that weren't great but again they might have been players Gus got in as good for league 1 but not necessarily good enough once we went up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here