Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paying for posting at the post office: can you use a debit card

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When posting stuff at a post office, can you pay using their little chip and pin machines, or do you have to use cold, hard cash?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
yes u can use a debit card

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Dont go at 5 o'clock like I did yesterday when I finished work. The queue was out the door because it was full of pensioners who obviously couldnt get up there during the morning or afternoon. Mind you it was very informative as they told the stoat behind the counter who each and every card they posted was for, where they lived, their husband and childrens name, etc etc.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Well anything must be better than what I'm about to go and do in Argentina to send a package home.

Step One: Go to the Aduana (Customs) and wait in a queue for 30-60 minutes depending on whether there are one or two Israelis/French in front of you, just so the customs guy can approve of what I'm sending.

Step Two: Go to a desk and wrap up your parcel. Make sure you don't put too much tape on as the postal clerk has lots of stickers to stick on with glue, and she'll need a good open space of paper. Also, make sure you put enough tape on or she will make you re-wrap the parcel paying particular attention to the corners.

Step Three: Join queue to see the postal clerk. Hopefully you will have managed to jump ahead of any Israelis/French who were in front of you in the previous queue otherwise it's going to take all morning. With a bit of luck your wrapping will be approved by the clerk and she will weigh it, ensuring it comes to 501g, doubling the price of a 500g parcel!

Step Four: Complete ridiculous amount of paperwork. Produce your passport. Join queue to see the customs official again so they can stamp the paperwork.

Step Five: Wait several months to see if anything ever makes it back to the UK.

Ah, we can't wait to try out Chip and Pin with the Royal Mail!

Russ

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well anything must be better than what I'm about to go and do in Argentina to send a package home.

Step One: Go to the Aduana (Customs) and wait in a queue for 30-60 minutes depending on whether there are one or two Israelis/French in front of you, just so the customs guy can approve of what I'm sending.

Step Two: Go to a desk and wrap up your parcel. Make sure you don't put too much tape on as the postal clerk has lots of stickers to stick on with glue, and she'll need a good open space of paper. Also, make sure you put enough tape on or she will make you re-wrap the parcel paying particular attention to the corners.

Step Three: Join queue to see the postal clerk. Hopefully you will have managed to jump ahead of any Israelis/French who were in front of you in the previous queue otherwise it's going to take all morning. With a bit of luck your wrapping will be approved by the clerk and she will weigh it, ensuring it comes to 501g, doubling the price of a 500g parcel!

Step Four: Complete ridiculous amount of paperwork. Produce your passport. Join queue to see the customs official again so they can stamp the paperwork.

Russ

You could have ordered something from Amazon. They deliver.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
But they wouldn't collect our diaries and things we want to send home rather than carry around for months as dead weight!!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia

Russ

In Britain

1) Go to your local post office
2) Find it's been closed down and turned into a Caffe Nero
3) Go home, and order something on Amazon instead

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Better not be any corned beef.
:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here