Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pay on the gate - brilliant

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Pay on the gate - like Huddersfield tonight - brings back spontanaeity to football: you don't have to plan weeks in advance, or tickets etc - spur of the moment, jump in the car and go. Bloody brilliant - bring on Falmer - and tonight, bring on Huddersfield :clap2::clap2:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Pay on the gate - like Huddersfield tonight - brings back spontanaeity to football: you don't have to plan weeks in advance, or tickets etc - spur of the moment, jump in the car and go. Bloody brilliant - bring on Falmer - and tonight, bring on Huddersfield :clap2::clap2:

There will be no pay on the gate at Falmer. However if I understand correctly, you will be able to buy tickets from places near the ground on the day.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There will be no pay on the gate at Falmer. However if I understand correctly, you will be able to buy tickets from places near the ground on the day.

You will be able to buy tickets to the game at Falmer. Dick said.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
it will mean i can go to home matches - hooray :falmer:

i often dont know if i can get free on saturday until late in the week
tickets on the day sorts it for me :ascarf:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There will be no pay on the gate at Falmer. However if I understand correctly, you will be able to buy tickets from places near the ground on the day.[/QUOTE

same as bristol city , a booth outside the ground

effectively pay on the day

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah and Millwall buy from a booth at the ground.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

'scuse my ignorance, but I thought the idea of not being allowed to sell tickets at the ground was to stop loads of people without tickets turning up to needlessly destroy the peace and tranquility that is Falmer village. Surely a booth outside the ground isn't going to do this ?

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
You will not be able to buy tickets at the ground on match days at Falmer. However, you will be able to buy tickets at the park and ride sites and maybe the two main railway stations.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

No he didn't - he answered Yes to the question "Will you be able to buy tickets on the day" - that is quite different as Colbourne Kid outlines above

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
'scuse my ignorance, but I thought the idea of not being allowed to sell tickets at the ground was to stop loads of people without tickets turning up to needlessly destroy the peace and tranquility that is Falmer village. Surely a booth outside the ground isn't going to do this ?

Just going by what Dick said at the Roadshow.

And unlike Withdean, the stadium at Falmer isn't in a residential area. Falmer Village is seperated from the site and police / stewards will ensure us oiks arn't rampaging round the duckpond (theres only one way in and out of the village after all).

No tickets at the ground on the day has always been the law at Withdean, but theres no reason to impose that at Falmer, because its more isolated and has the capacity to cope.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No he didn't - he answered Yes to the question "Will you be able to buy tickets on the day" - that is quite different as Colbourne Kid outlines above

As I recall it, the question was "will you be able to turn up at the stadium and buy tickets on the day", to which the answer was YES.

I'm sure Dick knew the meaning of this question, and would not seek to be deliberately misleading. Perhaps this needs to be on 'ask the club', or dropped in an email to Mr Perry to clarify.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just going by what Dick said at the Roadshow.

And unlike Withdean, the stadium at Falmer isn't in a residential area. Falmer Village is seperated from the site and police / stewards will ensure us oiks arn't rampaging round the duckpond (theres only one way in and out of the village after all).

No tickets at the ground on the day has always been the law at Withdean, but theres no reason to impose that at Falmer, because its more isolated and has the capacity to cope.

From memory I thought it had been part of the planning approval for Falmer. I must be wrong (no change there).

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As I recall it, the question was "will you be able to turn up at the stadium and buy tickets on the day", to which the answer was YES.

I'm sure Dick knew the meaning of this question, and would not seek to be deliberately misleading. Perhaps this needs to be on 'ask the club', or dropped in an email to Mr Perry to clarify.

Ok, I will do just that and let you know what happens :ascarf:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You just KNOW you won't be able to pay on the gate at Falmer due to the usual planning jump through hoops bollocks. Probably be able to buy them at the ticket office which - surely! - will be on the Falmer site and open on the day of the game. But that's not the same as pay on the gate.

The Falmer ticket system will be designed to be consistent with the Travel Plan. The system (and the location of ticket outlets) will encourage purchase of tickets before people travel to the ground. Buying tickets at railway stations or the park & ride sites will achieve this. Buying them at the stadium won't.

You won't be able to park anywhere near the stadium at Falmer without having bought tickets in advance. Unlike Withdean, there's not going to be any free on-street parking nearby. Even allowing for the fact that we are "discouraged" from parking on-street near Withdean, many people still do (and this is legal). It won't be at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here