Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavillion at County Ground

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In the interests of living my life and making decisions through the medium of a message board, I call upon the good people to NSC to give me advice:

I am looking to get Pavillion upgrade to my measly ground entrance tickets for next Mondays match against some other team (although it's bound to rain and cost then yet ANOTHER title).

It's a long time since I've been to the Sussex pavillion (before they moved to the new dressing rooms to be precise).

The question is:

What is the catering like in the Pavillion? (in terms food quality? format buffet, takeaway or sit down? value?)

Thanks.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
You can eat at the Jim Parks Bar. Sausage or bacon rolls for breakfast then a dish of the day for lunch. Usually a curry or lasagne or a meatpie. Average pub grub. You can also buy sandwiches or filled baugettes but if that's your fancy buy them from Canham's in Church Road.

Then there is the Dexter Restaurant. Great Breakfast and a reasonable menu for lunch along the lines of typical English grub.

Personally I use the bar for the beer and buy Baugettes and sausage rolls from Canhams. .

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Might be worth taking out a mortgage to eat at The Country Ground, Gus Mackay's prices are DREADFUL.

Five minute walk from the County Groud.

Pies and pints of Harveys accompanying a Murray century mmmmmmmmmmm

Canhams of Hove
Some of the best meat to be found in the area is to be found at this butcher - just west off Palmeira Square. All their products are carefully sourced and correctly hung. They also offer hand-made pies, including 'Chicken & Mushroom', 'Beef' and 'Apple Pie'.

Open: Mon & Sat 6.00-17.00; Tues-Fri 6.00-17.30

Nearest Station: Hove (15 minutes walk)

Contact Details
Tel: 01273-731021

Address: 48 Church Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 2FN

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The harveys is a bit cheaper in the pavilion so if you drink about 25 pints you may make the transfer fee back.

Food is rubbish for veggies, take your own food and sneak some booze in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here