Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Simon is 70 - favourite song of his?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I really enjoyed "sex on fire"

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
American Tune, The Boxer, Kodachrome, Keep the Customer Satisfied

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
The man is a genius and a poet. So many favourites - America, Cathy's song, Lincoln Duncan, Graceland.

some fave lyrics:
"The Mississippi delta was shining like a National Guitar"
"Its carbon and monoxide, that old detroit perfume. It hangs on the highways in the morning and it lays you down by noon."
"Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like "I Am A Rock" and "Still Crazy After All These Years".

"You Can Call Me Al" didn't do it for me, although that might be partly down to the shit video with Chevy Chase.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Bought "Dangling Conversation" as a vinyl single back in the swinging 60's. Not a well-known one and very short but still love it. Can't believe he's 70.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've always liked 'One Man's Ceiling Is Another Man's Floor'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Always feel a little uncomfortable for the old 'uns at Glastonbury. I enjoyed Jackson Browne (on tv) a couple of years ago but very sparse audience who didn't seem to be that interested. Neil Diamond seemed to do well but it was a bit sing along. I can see Paul Simon, especially in acoustic mode being a bit flat there, if he was doing his more recent stuff and if he was doing the stuff he did with Garfunkel it does need to be done with Garfunkel imo.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Always feel a little uncomfortable for the old 'uns at Glastonbury. I enjoyed Jackson Browne (on tv) a couple of years ago but very sparse audience who didn't seem to be that interested. Neil Diamond seemed to do well but it was a bit sing along. I can see Paul Simon, especially in acoustic mode being a bit flat there, if he was doing his more recent stuff and if he was doing the stuff he did with Garfunkel it does need to be done with Garfunkel imo.

As a friend remarked at the time, it was like: "Hi I'm Paul Simon, you may know me for Mrs Robinson and Bridge Over Troubled Water... but here's another track from my new album".

There must have been at least 80,000 on the hill at the time. They wanted a singalong. I bet no more than 5,000 own a Paul Simon album. So play the f*cking hits, you fool!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He has written so many great tracks but i like this as much for Steve Gadd's great Mozambique drum line

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here