Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Shaw

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Paul Shaw has been transfer listed by Sheffield United. Would make a good signing as he did well for Gillingham. Presumably he is on a free transfer although wages could be a problem. Also Darren Byfield still not signed for anyone. Both would be useful signings and I think Shaw can play attacking midfield too.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Excellent, now phone up the club and ask to speak to a Mr McGhee and tell him of your scouting skills :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not sure bout mr Byfield, hoiwever shaw we should get now!
He was at gillingham so doubt was on a great deal, but alas he will prob return to kent

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Shaw must be getting on a bit now. Anyone remember Him scoring a belter for Peterborough at the Goldstone? He was on loan from Arsenal at the time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
byfield is similar to leon - i doubt they'd work together

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
y2dave said:
Shaw must be getting on a bit now. Anyone remember Him scoring a belter for Peterborough at the Goldstone? He was on loan from Arsenal at the time.

:clap2: Oh yes I was there.

Posh winning 2-1 in the pouring rain and hanging on having been reduced to 9 men.

Paul Shaw = legend, gutted we never found the money to sign him from Arsenal.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
But as we have no cover for Leon, surely he has to be worth a punt and he has scored goals at this level, which Leon has not really done.

yeah - i would love to see him in a brighton shirt, but can't see it somehow

mcghee should remember him - he stuck 4 past millwall not to long ago

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
shaw always impresses me when ever i see him play and always seems to score against us but think he will probably return to the gills.remember him and neil harris murdering us at prestfield in the ldv or watever it was called at the time 5 1 for millwall.

agree with uncle buck that byfield would give leon a run for his money cos he is a proven div 1 striker

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
This player is mustard.

Doncaster had a bid of £100k accepted for him today but he does want to drop to first division as he feels he can still offer something in the first division

Apart from the obvious price tag, wages will be an issue.:nono:

I can see him maybe going back to the Gills.
Where has Doncasters money come from???:rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Because they have a chairman with cash and we have a potless pillock masquerading as a fan :angry: :angry: :angry:

A great self description young man :clap2:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Tony Le Mesmer said:
This player is mustard.

Doncaster had a bid of £100k accepted for him today but he does want to drop to first division as he feels he can still offer something in the first division

Apart from the obvious price tag, wages will be an issue.:nono:

I can see him maybe going back to the Gills.
Where has Doncasters money come from???:rolleyes:

john ryan local buisness man with a few million and a good consortium. all doncaster fans.
whilst in conferance 2 seasons ago, doncaster were he richest club in it. and amongst the richest in div 3 last season.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
y2dave said:

I was at that game, weren't peterborough wearing a f***ing awful multicoloured kit sponsored by thomas cook and they won in the last minute with an absolute belter of a shot?

why is it I can remember such completely useless information?

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
the full harris said:
I was at that game, weren't peterborough wearing a f***ing awful multicoloured kit sponsored by thomas cook and they won in the last minute with an absolute belter of a shot?

why is it I can remember such completely useless information?

Ah yes, our infamous 'Pizzaborough' shirt - being modelled here by a youthful Gary Breen:

2000071603880965.jpg

I reckon Posh went 2-0 up, Shaw scoring the second. We then had two players sent off, conceded a goal, but hung on heroically for victory in the pouring rain.

A cracking atmosphere too.

Shaw played in midfield for us and converted to a striker much later in his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here