Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Scholes

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
much has been said about other players who had a "bad game", much of it unfair due to one little, although crucial, mistake.

but for my money, the worst player on the pitch this evening was Paul Scholes. He was consistantly crap, gave the ball away nearly every time he got it, constantly passed back, couldn't even be bothered to attempt to get past his man and utterly failed to give any protection to Andy Cole.

Now i actually rate him highly, but its pretty evident that he cant play on the left. When Hargreaves come on we started to keep the ball and push up the pitch more. Its clear that we cant keep both Scholes and Lampard in the same team, and Lampard is currently on top of his game while Scholes has lost all confidence. now is not the time to be playing him and hoping he'll come good.

Start with Hargreaves on the left for the next the rest of the tournement.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Scholes was utter toilet tonight-no wonder he hardly gets a game at ManUre these days.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
did you hear southgate say that apart from gazza scholesy was the most gifted player he'd ever played with! found that very suprising

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
andy cole, d'oh :thud:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I fundamentally disagree I think Scholes played well tonight and is a definite starter.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I like Scholes. But I like it when he pings the old passes about and gets stuck in.

I didn’t think he did either of those things well enough today.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
I agree with the critism. To me Scholes seem to run around like a headless chicken and falling down directly an opponent came within a few feet of him. Send him home.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The ginger twat should have been sent off too ...the tackle on Viera was cynical and nasty:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

J P F

Banned
Jul 14, 2003
North Stand Chat
:jester:

What are you lot on about?? Scholes had a very solid game last night, somewhat stifled by the tactics but overall he was passing well and tackled well too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We all must have been watching a different game to you the JPF

The game I watched, scholes first instinct was to look back rather than forward. His positioning was poor, he seemed content to watch the game go by and he didn't look interested in the second half...that I assumed was why Sven took him off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here