Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Samrah v. Gordon Brown: - Back Of The NET!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well... turns out I wasn't the only Albion fan at the Gordon Brown gig, tho I may well have been the only one wearing the colours, or at least the Palookaville top. Limited room for asking the Falmer question - they had to be submitted in writing 15 minutes before kick-off and were vetted by chair-person Anthony Minghella (he introduced the session as 'director of The English Patient talking to a VERY patient Scotsman'). Your man in seat V37 Rear Stalls (Centre) never had his Falmer question pulled out of the hat. And that was that, or so I thought.

However...

There was time for three or four open mic questions from the floor. The one's about the decision to renew the UK's nuclear deterrent and the fate of Brighton resident Omar Deghayes' ongoing incarceration in Guantanomo Bay were swiftly fielded, and the Labour activists were suddenly queueing up to score cheap self-serving points, mostly for the satisfaction of hearing their own voices one suspects. Then, out of the blue came a very familiar voice: yup, the clipped clear tone of Paul Samrah. YESSSS! :clap2:

Having gained the soapbox, Paul's question went something along the lines of 'Mr. Brown you've waited 10 long years for your new home, just like the fans of Brighton and Hove Football club who are looking forward to moving into their new home at Falmer. Can I ask that you ensure Ruth Kelly reached the correct decision in July.' That was the gist of it (I wasn't taking notes. Obviously).

And would you believe, it sounded for all the world like the Prime-Minister-In-Waiting was about to give the game away. With a wide grin he came back with: 'As a Raith Rovers fan myself, I know all about the struggle of a local football team to survive, and look forward to returning to Brighton... when the decision has been made.'

Maybe I eas reading WAY too much into it, but got the definite feeling that he would have LOVED to have announced a Yes decision there and then. Even Minghella announcing he was 'Portsmouth Til I Die' couldn't spoil the moment.

Knighthood for Samrah - Albion HERO!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:goal:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I may vote Labour now. :lolol:

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Thanks to Tom Hark & to any others that were in the audience that cheered at the beginning of my question - it certainly eased my nerves!

My 'question' was ....

"Bringing things more local Chancellor, welcome to Brighton - are you aware that the City's football Club, Brighton & Hove Albion, has been homeless since the very week you became Chancellor?

As you will understand more than anyone, that is a very long time!

A sensible Yes decision from Ruth Kelly in early July would welcome the Gordon Brown era with an instantly positive legacy for the people of Sussex."

Instead of ducking the point, he responded in a very encouraging way as Tom Hark states.

The audience were 95% behind us as well - which I'm sure will have registered.

Together we will win!

Excellent work, Paul!

My friend Gordon always listens.

brown_bracknell.highlight.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Paul Samrah - Legend :bowdown:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What is Gordon Brown holding in his hand ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Paul Samrah - You are a star.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here