Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Onuachu

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Doesn't fit with DAs comments recently of our recruitment pool imo.

Got a bit of the AJ and DJ Strollabout for me.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ub-moder-transfer-summer-brighton-5533982.amp

Interesting read that, we do seem to be a bit of a no mans land in terms of signing proven quality. Not enough pulling power yet, but becoming more established at this level.

We may well sign a player who’s gone under most radars but really shines in our formation and style.

Interesting times.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
In a Hughton team I would agree with you.

And a Potter team with an acute inability to score goals of any sort… you need to be reminded that Potter consistently picked Mr Oliver Mac Bernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’ve never seen this guy play, but it looks like he’s had one good season at the age of 27, in a league of questionable quality. And yet people want him more than Eduoard, who’s younger and scored a lot of goals every season of his career. What am I missing?

One of them plays in the MTL!?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Looking at his stats, he’s had one very good season last year and three previous seasons of pretty good returns (roughly 1 in every 2).
But get the point about questionable league quality - Denmark and Belgium not the best.

1 in 2 is fantastic

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And a Potter team with an acute inability to score goals of any sort… you need to be reminded that Potter consistently picked Mr Oliver Mac Bernie

Might that have been something to do with McBurnie scoring 24 goals in 44 goals under Potter and then being sold for £20m?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I just think with his experience we know what he can offer (regardless of niggling injuries) whereas most of these names being touted about (just like Nunez last summer) are really expensive gambles whereas as with Welbeck, less so.

Also I'm concerned that no one seems worried about the near £70m loss from the season before last (which apparently is likely to be higher for the season just gone) and we have to reduce our losses. Yes, we all want new faces to come in but it wouldn't surprise me if this summer replicates last summer with the exception of a few player sales going out of the club.

The sales of White and, possibly, Biss, will more than wipe out the losses, and that is without the lower value expected sales. Chill.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Might that have been something to do with McBurnie scoring 24 goals in 44 goals under Potter and then being sold for £20m?

No, the point is Potter is not averse to playing a big fella up front, but too many on here think he is. They are incorrect

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
May I ask did Lala or Welbs fit the model? Actually, I don’t need to ask. Clearly, we will go for experience where required

Slight difference. Lallana and Welbeck have played at the elite level of football for many years, at huge clubs and both capped for their country playing in World Cups.

They were brought in to add some experience and some balance to our very young squad.

This chap has had a couple of decent seasons in the Belgium league. I question if this story is BS. Time will tell.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This chap has had a couple of decent seasons in the Belgium league. I question if this story is BS. Time will tell.

I question any player rumour that appears on NSC and think it’s likely to be bullshit. I have probably more than a 95% success rate of being right :smile:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Doesn't fit with DAs comments recently of our recruitment pool imo.

Got a bit of the AJ and DJ Strollabout for me.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ub-moder-transfer-summer-brighton-5533982.amp

Two things about that:

1. Every team needs experience in the dressing room. We needed Lallana and Welbeck to offset Murray and Stephens in that regard,

2. Fishing in a different pool is fine, and good recruitment will always yield more successes than failures, but when it comes to forwards nobody goes under the radar and goals come at a price.

For me, it makes more sense to sell one player at £40 mill and buy a proven striker for £27 mill than apply the usual policy of fishing in another pond.

I would have sold Ben White last summer and bought Darwin Nunez, or an equivalent player - rather than signing Zeqiri from the Swiss second tier and rely on Connolly progressing. Without goals you will always be prone to predators and 16th place is an under-achievement for players of the calibre of Dunk, Lamptey, White, Bissouma.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I’ve never seen this guy play, but it looks like he’s had one good season at the age of 27, in a league of questionable quality. And yet people want him more than Eduoard, who’s younger and scored a lot of goals every season of his career. What am I missing?

Historically we do have an interest in Edouard, but I assume we’re going for a ‘cluster’ approach - we’ll have more than one target in mind. Wouldn’t be a surprise if we’d made contact and enquired about Onuachu, and it’s been leaked. Doesn’t mean we have no interest in Edouard, Sasa Kalajdzic, Yaremchuk, Adam Armstrong or any other striker that becomes available and fits the profile of signing we want to make ... and if and when that does become public knowledge I’d expect us to get just as positive.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
1 in 2 is fantastic

Agreed. My use of ‘pretty good’ was a little tongue in cheek.

Get the point though that the quality of the two leagues he’s played in will be inferior but probably no different to Edouard in the SPL which is also a bit rank.

Exciting to see that we are being linked with strikers in the £25m mark. Fingers crossed the club get’s a good ‘un and not a dud.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Edouard & Onuachu are quite different.

Odsonne seemingly has a fantastic all round game and can play No.10. The clips of his fast one touch football really are impressive but is heading is not. It’s a bit average.

Onuachu on the other hand has an acceptable all round game but really is very good in the air. A tall player who can actually leap and head effectively is not that common. Then there is this: https://youtu.be/-JUzY5QV2UU

Both seem to have pace, strength and clinical finishing with their feet but neither has been tested in a top league.

I’d prefer the Frenchman and I think Potter would too but I’d be more than happy with Onuachu as he offers something so different. We might also need them both if Welbz doesn’t sign up.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I question any player rumour that appears on NSC and think it’s likely to be bullshit. I have probably more than a 95% success rate of being right :smile:

I know what you mean! I’ve never got over Michael Owen!:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here