Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Merson

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ditchy said:
getting merson would be a huge gamble !!

Great gag !!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would love to see Merson as player manager, he is quality and would provide class in midfield.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Would we have to pay him in £20 notes?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I bet Merson has had a bet on who will be be Brighton's next manager

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thinking back, Merson was really hacked off with travelling backwards and forwards to portsmouth from the Midlands last year...

so this is a non-starter.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It wont happen, he signed for Walsall because he wanted to finish his career and live in the black country, where his family are.

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
This can't be true, the bloke is living on the edge all the time. He has to report to a councillor every week to make sure he does'nt go back on the booze or gamble. He slipped off the wagon at Pompey and nearly lost it again, this story is complete arse although I'd love to see him play for the Albion.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
he's great for 5 games at the start of the season, then he fades. Like he did with Pompey, and like he is now doing with Walsall.

When things don't go his way, he just moans about how hard his life is, and how he's in danger of relapsingzzzzz.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Bloody hell, Paul Merson, Tony Adams, lets get Stan Collymore too get the whole losers set.
Please none of these, be sensible people.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Ditchling
From Ananova:-

Seagulls dismiss Merson link

Brighton have dismissed reports suggesting Walsall midfielder Paul Merson could be set to take over as manager at the Withdean as "paper talk".

As speculation surrounding Steve Coppell's departure to Reading rages on, the former England star's name was reported to be at the top of the Seagulls' short-list to replace him.

However, a club spokesperson said: "With the amount of speculation going on at the moment, the chairman may have someone in mind if it was to come to that.

"But, our situation remains the same as it was. Steve Coppell is still our manager and it would be inappropriate to comment while this is the case.

"It would be wrong to jump the gun."

I wonder who the spokesperson is and why he's anonymous....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Call me a stuffy stickler if you will (and I've certainly answered to worse) but I'd rather the new Albion manager doesn't A) piss in the bed B) chuck his wife down the stairs or C) thrash the crap out of his girlfriend in pubs.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
no way!
1. gambler
2. druggy
3. no past experience
4. just moved to wallsall - we'd have to pay them compensation
5. imagine his wages!

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Sully's Moustache said:
From Ananova:-

Seagulls dismiss Merson link

Brighton have dismissed reports suggesting Walsall midfielder Paul Merson could be set to take over as manager at the Withdean as "paper talk".

As speculation surrounding Steve Coppell's departure to Reading rages on, the former England star's name was reported to be at the top of the Seagulls' short-list to replace him.

However, a club spokesperson said: "With the amount of speculation going on at the moment, the chairman may have someone in mind if it was to come to that.

"But, our situation remains the same as it was. Steve Coppell is still our manager and it would be inappropriate to comment while this is the case.

"It would be wrong to jump the gun."

I wonder who the spokesperson is and why he's anonymous....

Surely that dismisses EVERY link..... not just Merson

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
ben andrews girlfriend said:
no way!
1. gambler
2. druggy
3. no past experience
4. just moved to wallsall - we'd have to pay them compensation
5. imagine his wages!

good post.

One of my favoured posters these days BAG, I seem to agree with u on most things (dunno if that'sa good or bad thing!!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here