Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul McCarthy

May 22, 2008
Met this ex Albion player yesterday ! was he signed by cattlin am I right?
around same time as penny,saunders ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not really no.. More like George Petchey during Barry Lloyd's reign.
He was signed as a youth team player on the back of a localish Royal Mail Youth tournament in about 1988/89. We missed out on signing Roy Keane at the same tournament.

And in other less interesting news, I passed my driving test immediately after Macca on Oct 25th 1993...we had the same driving instructor

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not 100% accurate as he came down to train with us and got homesick and went back home so it wasnt a case of us missing out on him but rather him not wanting to be away from his home.

Yes ok...

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
He used to drink in the Mile Oak after games. nice bloke. Never seemed to mnd me drunkenly chatting to him about the game that day. Big dude too!

Best Macca moment would be the equaliser in a 3-3 draw at home to the cherries after we'd been 3-1 down.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Best Macca moment would be the equaliser in a 3-3 draw at home to the cherries after we'd been 3-1 down.[/QUOTE]

rember it well!!! 3-1 down in the pissing rain with 2 mins to go... chappers scored a thunderbolt and we drew 3-3

my 2nd season watching the albion... good days

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Best Macca moment would be the equaliser in a 3-3 draw at home to the cherries after we'd been 3-1 down.

rember it well!!! 3-1 down in the pissing rain with 2 mins to go... chappers scored a thunderbolt and we drew 3-3

my 2nd season watching the albion... good days[/QUOTE]

Marvellous game.. it was during a run soon after Brady's appointment. Around the same time we beat Cambridge 4-1 on New Years Day and Blackpool 3-2 in the last minute. It was the first time in a couple of seasons that we'd seen entertaining football.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

my 2nd season watching the albion... good days

Marvellous game.. it was during a run soon after Brady's appointment. Around the same time we beat Cambridge 4-1 on New Years Day and Blackpool 3-2 in the last minute. It was the first time in a couple of seasons that we'd seen entertaining football.[/QUOTE]

yeah, we'd been playing well for a bit and this was looking like being a real downer, until we chipped in with two late goals. I'd forgotten the Chappie strike, which was indeed a corker.

Didn't someone run on to celebrate from the North Stand and go arse over tit in the mud?

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
worst Macca moment = handball in FA Cup at Bolton ... or was it Preston? So bloody cold that day, I can't remember

Bolton.. I was there and it pissed down and was freezing. There and then I decided to get contact lenses.
Couldn't see a 1/4 of the pitch due to the supermarket blocking the view, but had a laugh at the heads bobbing along the moat and the Norvern PA announcer

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Vital player for us at the time and his departure was a big factor in us rapidly turning into a shambles under Case. Wasn't adequately replaced until we brought in Crosby and Cullip years later.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Not 100% accurate as he came down to train with us and got homesick and went back home so it wasnt a case of us missing out on him but rather him not wanting to be away from his home.

No I don't think that's right. Keane's autobiography says Brighton were in touch about getting him over for a trial but it petered out and he never heard from BHA again.

Lives, or used to live, in Crowborough, daughter went to same Rainbow's group as mine. Children went to a local school and he brought in the FA Trophy when Northfleet won it - believed he scored the goal (only ex Albion player to score the winning goal in a Wembley final??).

Don't know him but believe from those who do that he is a "bloody nice chap".

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Lives, or used to live, in Crowborough, daughter went to same Rainbow's group as mine. Children went to a local school and he brought in the FA Trophy when Northfleet won it - believed he scored the goal (only ex Albion player to score the winning goal in a Wembley final??).

Still lives in Crowborough. Still at Ebbsfleet in a coaching role I believe. Real old school player on and off the field. Loves a drink and a cigar and yes he is a cracking chap.

Jan 15, 2004

Paul Rogers, ex Albion (OK Retired) but scored winning goal in Wembley Final

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Didnt Chris McPhee score a winner for a non-league side?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here