Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Hayward

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't see any mention of this on NSC but just seen this.

Guardian News and Media has hired Paul Hayward, the Daily Mail's chief sports writer, to become senior sports writer.

One more reason to get the Guardian

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Great news - always thought it was a shame for him to be at the Daily Blackshirt anyway.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Paul Hayward is a brilliant writer. Him and Henry Winter are the best around IMO

"In between the Doncaster and Hereford games I saw an England International and I saw Barcelona play Real Madrid at the Nou Camp, but neither of those games came anywhere close to the Brighton glory at Hereford - a crap game at a run-down stadium, a five-hour drive away from home"
Paul Hayward - Build a Bonfire

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I had no idea he had even moved to the Mail.

Talking of that rag, a FINE headline this morning:

Best of British: Worst of British:

*Olympic pic* *Glitter pic*
Chest beating PRIDE and indignation/disgust over your cornflakes on one handy page. :D

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Well, as I don't take either organ, I won't get too excited about this news. Nevertheless, congratulations to PH on the promotion "from the gutter to the sarts."

I had no idea he had even moved to the Mail.

Talking of that rag, a FINE headline this morning:

Chest beating PRIDE and indignation/disgust over your cornflakes on one handy page. :D

Drug cheat and peadophile - ah yes a real case of national pride

Dandyman

In London village.
Excellent news. Paul is a top bloke as well as a great writer and provided the subs don't hack his pieces too much I suspect he will be mcuh happier at this new station than with the Mosley lovers.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Cor. I'd heard he was on an absolute PACKET at the Mail, so the Guardian must have bust the budget to get him. It's not like they're short of good sports hacks either -- or ones based in Sussex. But good for him.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What amazes me, being called Paul Hayward myself, is that the ticket office haven't managed to confuse us yet! ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here