Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Clark

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember this Albion legend?. Played in the 1970s under Mullery and was without doubt one of the hardest bastards ever to put on an Albion shirt - made Charlie Oatway look like Wayne Sleep. He was known affectionately as "Killer" and I still remember the "Clark is evil" chant that we now use for Charlie.

I seem to recall that he was either managing or coaching another League team (?could be Leyton Orient) but does anybdy know what hes doing now?.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Paul Clark - didn't he fancy Helen in Big Brother 2?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
He was at Leyton Orient and Southend as a manager

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah they were on fear factor sunday

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Cadiz - You`re right - I remember the Tank nickname as well but I remember Killer being used frequently - both very apt I`m sure you will agree!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It was 'tank'. I remember a 50/50 ball that he and Joe Jordan went for and it was like a collision between two juggernauts,

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Last time I saw him was when he was part of the management team at Orient, about 3 years ago, don't know whether he is still there.

Not only was he as hard as nails but he also scored some spectacular goals. He scored the winner at Brisbane Road in 77/8 with a 40 yard screamer, ran through the Spurs defence at the Goldstone in the same season and scored with another long range gem against Charlton in the following season. He could play in midfield and at the centre of defence. I think he made his debut at White Hart Lane (in front of 49,000) in 1977.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Perry Milkins said:
Didn't he break a Luton player's leg at the Goldstone? Paul Fuccillo?

I remember that, everyone in the ground heard the crack, there was no doubt Lil's leg was broken long before the St John ambulance people got to him.

Remember the chant " Paul Clark breaks legs"?

The Tank is a legend!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
cheshunt seagull said:
Last time I saw him was when he was part of the management team at Orient, about 3 years ago, don't know whether he is still there.

Not only was he as hard as nails but he also scored some spectacular goals. He scored the winner at Brisbane Road in 77/8 with a 40 yard screamer, ran through the Spurs defence at the Goldstone in the same season and scored with another long range gem against Charlton in the following season. He could play in midfield and at the centre of defence. I think he made his debut at White Hart Lane (in front of 49,000) in 1977.
I'm glad you confirmed his goal at Orient in'78.I was beginning to think I had imagined it, as no-one else seemed to remember it.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Didn't he loose a boot once and score without it, or did I imagine that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here