Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Burrell - public enemy No1

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is there any research to support an increase in copies sold with royal stories like this. I assume there must be, but I just don't get it.

I don't know anyone interested in the royals or this story. The sooner the media get out of this self created bubble the better. No one really cares!

Can we stop giving Burrell and Diana coverage. The only thing it proves is that he is a desperate sychophant trying to make cash and she really was as mad as a box of squirrels.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Simster said:
...But Burrell is thieving scum...

Hmm..only a couple of weeks ago, people on here were having a fit of the vapours because some alleged rapists might be named. It was a borderline case of libel, however.

Whereas Simster can come out with a clear and unambiguous libel. Let's hope m'learned friends don't see it.

As for Burrell, good luck to him. He got treated like shit by the royal family so why should he be loyal. Anything that brings downs the blood-sucking, idle, parasitic, in-bred, avaricious, scrimshanking scum is all right by me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hamilton said:
Is there any research to support an increase in copies sold with royal stories like this. I assume there must be, but I just don't get it.

I don't know anyone interested in the royals or this story. The sooner the media get out of this self created bubble the better. No one really cares!

Headline in today's UK Press Gazette.

Burrell book increases Mirror sales by 250,000.

Unfortunately, there's masses of interest in royal stories, God knows why, but there most certainly is.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the whole thing is a load of old crap. Diana was well known for being neurotic to say the least. Prince Philip probably said in a mood once (like, all the time then) that he'd "bloody kill her", like plenty of people say every day of their lives about others. yOU don't mean it do you? But she, being paranoid, makes a mental note and writes it down to the arse kissing butler.

Let's think, you are a highly trained government assassin, who's been asked to kill Diana. A few days previously she was on a boat in the middle of the Med, the perfect opportunity for a sudden drowning maybe. THen she goes off to Paris, stays in hotels with the general public, eats normal food, ie loads of other opportunities to stealthily knock someone off if you were so inclined.

But no, these conspiracy theorists expect me to believe that she was assassinated by someone using the cunning plan of driving a crappy Fiat Uno at an armour plated Mercedes, in a tunnel packed with other vehicles and being pursued by a posse of press photographers.....with three other people in the car, including a trained bodyguard and a driver over the limit.

go back to watching Star Trek eh?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
What I don't get is that Diana was told that someone was trying to cause her death in a car accident...

... and she still didn't do up her seatbelt, and she let a pissed Frenchman give her a lift home.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Who gives a shit about any of it.

I couldn't care less about Diana. Couldn't care less about Burrell. And I'm not in the slightest bit interested in reading or hearing about any of it.

Why the hell does anyone pay any attention to it?

And what kind of morons read the Mirror which apparently has 12 pages full of the rubbish.

I could go on ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here