Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Brooker in bother at Brentford.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
we offered brooker a deal in the close season, he turned it down cos he wants to stay living in w. london

Source? My source who spoke to him directly at Kerrys Testimonial said he told him he'd jump at the chance to be back here but hasn't had the call.

For what it's worth I think he'd do a job here still. Agreed he's inconsistent but as someone else pointed out so are most wingers, especially at this level!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
He's not the sort of player Terry Butcher is ever going to want. Can you imagine Brooker ever playing with blood gushing from his head?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Mayo apparently swore at Wendy during the Crewe game according to the Crewe messageboard that someone linked earlier!

makes sense when he got left at home for the Cardiff game though

just an observation :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
??? in a poll of nearly 300, 3/4s think he'll shine and only 1/4 don't want him to ever wear a Brentford shirt again. Not exactly real hate is it, Bob?
Have a look at the last few pages... it seems that was a pre season poll and now they all hate him again. :lol:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Put in some good crosses in the Mayo testimonial match. I think he could help provide ammo for our strikers. Can't see him coming back but you never know.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
97 pages

a real topic of conversation for brentford fans

He's not the sort of player Terry Butcher is ever going to want. Can you imagine Brooker ever playing with blood gushing from his head?

I can't imagine Brooker playing with blood coming from a paper cut on his finger.....

I was never one of his biggest fans but we desperately need somebody to create things and he might be the answer. Seems he'd like to come back which means he'd be willing to put in the effort-maybe? Got to be worth a go surely?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
makes sense when he got left at home for the Cardiff game though

just an observation :)

Or it could be that Mayo was named as being at fault for the Crewe winner.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If he did not want to exclude Elphick, then perhaps a 5-3-2 would have been better, using Rents and Whing as wingbacks.

I agree with UB. Very strange to go from first choice to non-traveller. We shall have to wait to see what team is put out against Northampton, although with Lynch possibly struggling, I would expect Mayo to be in the squad, unless something is awry.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

It wasn't Mayo that sat back in midfield allowing Crewe to win the ball and put a cross in from the other wing from his position. How come no-one blames Whing??

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Whilst he was at fault, it seems strange for to go from first choice left back to not even travelling in the space of one game, due to one mistake.

Maybe we wanted to put a stronger team out at Ipswich for the following night?
Who knows?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

could do - it just doesn't make complete sense though , he didn't have a terrible game , could be both are linked , he got the blame and said something back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here