Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Brooker in bother at Brentford.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Mr Brooker apparently swore at Terry Butcher and his No.2 within seconds of coming on as a sub last night and looks to be on his way out of the club. Surely he must be a better right sided midfielder than Tommy Fraser.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brooker is the past, we need to be looking forward and to be honest, he wasn't that great - very hit and miss, typical winger

People moaned about him getting 'lost' in winter and only coming good at the beginning and end of the season. There were as many moans about him as there is about Hart or Mayo.

Short memories.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
People moaned about him getting 'lost' in winter and only coming good at the beginning and end of the season. There were as many moans about him as there is about Hart or Mayo.

Short memories.

wasn't moaning, just stating I don't think he'd be worth it, think money could be used trying to get better - Bowditch?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i personally always liked brooker but as pointed out by pete and yorkie he wasn't everyone cup of tea

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
wasn't moaning, just stating I don't think he'd be worth it, think money could be used trying to get better - Bowditch?

I didn't mean you. :)
In fact, my post was agreeing with you.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Mr Brooker apparently swore at Terry Butcher and his No.2 within seconds of coming on as a sub last night and looks to be on his way out of the club. Surely he must be a better right sided midfielder than Tommy Fraser.
Mayo apparently swore at Wendy during the Crewe game according to the Crewe messageboard that someone linked earlier!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Must be true then. :jester:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It was reported in the Evening Standard that he also had a pop at some Brentford fans at a pre-season friendly.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Comfortably good enough for our midfield, even if he is past his best. Certainly was a quality winger, something we're desperate for.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
we offered brooker a deal in the close season, he turned it down cos he wants to stay living in w. london

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

Our Paul was - and may still be (for all I know) - a good player.

But he couldn't replace Fraser. Irrespective of whether you rate Fraser (and - like most young players - I think he has at the moment "potential") they are just not the same type of player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
we offered brooker a deal in the close season, he turned it down cos he wants to stay living in w. london

Why is that a problem Graham Pearce and Eric Young lived near Sunbury, Perry Digweed lived in Fulham and my brother gets to the games and he lives in Feltham. With the roads systems now it would take no longer to drive from West London than it would Adam Himshlewood, if he was allowed to drive, from Selsey, or Guy Butters from Hampshire, or it took any of those others.

Driving 1 hour or so to and from work is now normal acceptable practice

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You could look at this in a number of ways, if it's true. Brooker has no ambition left, a 50 minute trip each way by train from London to play a league higher really isn't that big a sacrifice. Brentford pay better wages than us. Paul Brooker is not enthused by returning to the Albion because he doesn't enjoy being abused by his own fans or he just doesn't rate the set up here.

The other alternative of course is that we never offered him a contract at all.

For what it's worth I reckon he would have been a good squad player for us.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
To be fair not seen him play for a number of years... but the fact he is a sub at Brentford and they were looking to get rid suggests he isn't what he was.

In my opinion not worth signing him..... to similar to what we already have in Cox and Robinson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here