Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Brooker going to Reading on loan..

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Micky Adams has done well to offload Brooker, let Reading pay for someone who probably isn't at that level anymore.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
RoyalAli said:

And why the hell would we want a 22,000 seater stadium when we've got a 24,200 seater already ??
:rolleyes:

'Cos ours will be full? :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can someone please explain why Adams signed him if he had no intention of playing him in a bottom 3 side ?. Strange behaviour ???

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
No idea. Couldn't understand it when the whole thing happened. He was never going to be premiership quality and was only Div 1 quality when he was fully on his game.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bald Gull said:
No idea. Couldn't understand it when the whole thing happened. He was never going to be premiership quality and was only Div 1 quality when he was fully on his game.

...and when it wasn't raining, cold or the opposition weren't too tough.

He'll do well at Reading I believe-nice surface, protected from the elements and in a half decent side. He is though, at best, an occassional player in Div 1 and Micky knew that.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
RoyalAli said:
No, Coppell wishes he could keep the best few players from his previous clubs, to make a better squad.

I'm glad we've signed him.
He looked dangerous in April along with Zamora, and they were the only 2 players who looked like troubling us.

Henderson, Rougier.
Why do you keep loaning our players if you don't wish you were us?
I bet you can't find an answer for that one.

Coppell did actually try for Zamora.

And why the hell would we want a 22,000 seater stadium when we've got a 24,200 seater already ??
:rolleyes:

Because it takes a rugby team to sell out your ground and by having a smaller capacity it looks like to fill more of the ground up:tosser:
Be interested to see what Readings away following is this and last year compared with ours.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a bit of a shitter really. We could have done with Brooker this season, and it was bloody obvious he wouldn't get a look-in in a Premiership team. I don't blame Brooker for going, but Adams certainly did us no favours taking him to Leicester for no apparent reason. Brooker at D2 level is a very useful player.

Albion Rob

As much as I don't want to prolong this debate, the fact of the matter is that Reading's stadium isn't that big in the greater scheme of things, but they still don't fill it very often, in fact they sometimes sruggle to half-fill it.

Sorry Ali, but that is true and you can't argue with it.

You have a side chasing the playoffs for the right to play the likes on anchester United, yet less than 11,000 souls bothered to go to the game with Burnley.

Now I can't say this as fact because we haven't been in that position since football managed to revolutionise itself and become an acceptable part of society again, but I reckon we would manage more than 11,000.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Nasty shock not likely:lolol:
You have filled it what 2-3 times in 5 years and it should be filled for the first ever game there and you got about 15-16k i recall.

Westham in cup
pompey last season

Think there is 2 more somewhere,but the madjeski has never been filled to capacity as i don't know if its possible due to segragation etc.

You biggest crowd is 23400 i think mmmmm:)

Mind you they had 10k last sunday the same as you had against burnley.:lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Good point about the segregation thing. As there are no natural barriers between the two sets of fans it's a bit of a waste of seats isn't it?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I on't think we'll have that problem as the corners aren't filled in. yet.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Why Adams signed Brooker is a complete mystery. As previously stated he was never Premiership class and was far too inconsistent at Div 1 level.

I'm not convinced about the bait for Bobby theory. I never had Adams down for a soft touch but just maybe he's actually pals with Brooker and just did him the favour. Brooker was laughing what with Premiership wages and no doubt a signing on fee even though he knew he'd be fortunate to even warm the subs bench.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
RoyalAli said:
It certainly is funny watching you slag Reading off.

Gary Nelson, you've got the facts ALL WRONG!
The only reason a huge crowd turned up for London Irish v Wasps was because they were parading the World cup trophy about.
And that game was 20k, so a spare 4000 seats is hardly selling it out is it?
We've had a fair few sizeable crowds in the last few years.
Play good football and the fans will come.
Play shit football and they won't bother.
It'll be interesting to see your crowds at Falmer when you go back, I suspect you'll get a nasty shock after the honeymoon period.

Bottom line is that i think Reading have more fair weather fans than Brighton who when times are hard just support some team Premiership team on SKY.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Reading have a 24,000 stadium - what for? They barely half fill it and that is when the team is being reasonably successful.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think we need to be a little careful here! We are in a play-off position and Withdean isn't 100% full all of the time..

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
RoyalAli said:
Reading V Chelsea 24,100
Reading V Wolves 24,000
Reading V Grimsby 20,200
Reading V Forest 21,600
Reading V Wolves 19,700
Reading V Pompey 23,500
Reading V Peterboro 22,100
Reading V Brighton 22,000
Reading V Stoke 21,000
Reading V QPR 19,300
Reading V West Ham 21,200
Reading V Spurs (friendly ) 21,800
Reading V Wigan 22,000
Reading V Bournemouth 20,600
Reading V Man City 20,000
Reading V Luton 18,100 (But some turnstyle counters were not working, so figure is lower that the actual attendance)

Chronologically ordered, most recent game first.

So there you have it Berk. you recall the first ever game wrong, and handily forget a large number of significantly high attendances.
We consider filling it as selling all the tickets we are legally allowed to, making the 100 spare in the Chelsea game the nearest we've ever had to having the stadium full.

And I've been to all but one of those games on that list :clap2:

As for a nasty shock, how are you going to suddenly attract a large number of fans after spending years having to turn them away?

I think your attendances will be very similar to the likes of us, Watford, Preston, Burnley, QPR and Stoke.

DO you think you'll suddenly attract large numbers of regular fans simply because you'll have a new stadium????

Don't forget we also held the record for largest number of fans at a domestic final at Cardiff until Bristol City had 40,000 last year :clap2:
Do you not read as our ticket applications where huge last season and we was shite,so thats how i know we have the fan base waiting.
???
Yeah of course you have had some big crowds in which where all the end of the season runnings or a big club arriving.

So i was 2k out on your opening game:shootself
Also you keep telling me that you took 35k or so to cardiff,but you didn't you took around 28k as you didn't have over half the stadium and you should watch that game again as many gaps where in your end full stop.
We have been through this before,so you stick to what you know and i'll stick to what i know.:wave:

Yes the new stadium will mean lot bigger crowds and yes the fans are there still going by last season and sadly going by last season even though shite falmer wouldn't be big enough for most of the games.

:drink: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here