Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber in last night's programme

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I look forward to the Watford Programme where he explains the size of the coffee cups in 1901

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Has anyone asked him where the cup final money is?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fair enough?

He confirms that Gully's Girls were binned because of inappropriate comments about them and the Saville thing. People have been calling Barnes a **** for years, he's still out there?

He blamed segregation for the lack of cheap tickets being available, even though for Tuesday night games in particular it is plainly obvious that the likes of Peterborough aren't going to need a 3000 allocation.

His reasons for ticket exchange were fair enough - as we all thought, he wants to make money.

And his final statement said just that. Prices are being hiked across everything, tough shit, like it of lump it.

Thought Barber was getting a raw deal, but after reading that, he can frankly do one.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
"we don't want to put any young person in a position where they can be leered at our ridiculed" - and yet, the girls WANT to dance to the audience, and they've loved it for the last two years.

"we also have to protect the interests of those season-ticket holders who wish to sell their tickets through the club's own ticket exchange" - do we HAVE to? Of course we f***ing don't.

"the club will always do its best to make available the largest possible section of seats in different price categories as early as it can or whenever it can". - Well it hasn't so far.

Barber's an intelligent man and knows his PR - unfortunately, the OP has fallen for it hook line and sinker.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Only thing you can praise Barber for is actually having the column in the programme, even if it is all spin.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
"we don't want to put any young person in a position where they can be leered at our ridiculed" - and yet, the girls WANT to dance to the audience, and they've loved it for the last two years.

"we also have to protect the interests of those season-ticket holders who wish to sell their tickets through the club's own ticket exchange" - do we HAVE to? Of course we f***ing don't.

"the club will always do its best to make available the largest possible section of seats in different price categories as early as it can or whenever it can". - Well it hasn't so far.

Barber's an intelligent man and knows his PR - unfortunately, the OP has fallen for it hook line and sinker.

Please see somebody. Or find a partner that queries your endlessly negative hunt for the terrible villains of our time. Or knit your own pet to hold and squeeze, a tape recorder in its heart squealing when you grasp too severely and to quieten the screams to determined to escape you. Hobbies are good too. I remember those badge-making clubs and courses i'd go on in summer holidays when mother had of course had enough of us and needed some time alone. I've had adverts emailed to me by amazon recently of spending a morning with an owl. £18 in Biggleswade. Not bad. Don't know where Biggleswade is but it sounds a cool place. They have kestrels and falcons and other birds of prey to admire. Hopefully you'll believe in their eating habits and not take it as false advertising in the handbook you're given on a day there. Live very near to a policeman too. It makes one feel safer if you know someone in the flat below is in the force. They have contacts with all sorts of medical people who can offer you help in the darker moment. A cop can explain the noises you hear in the night too. Mainly, just settle down. Find that inner calm. You could really make something of yourself, i think.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Barber = CEO = Maximise Profits = "Customers" pay more.

We will all respond differently to this.

Yep this. Fact of BUSINESS amd BRANDS its all about MAXIMISING income. Its the way we are going.

Im not saying its right or wrong just "it is what it is" .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Barber = CEO = Maximise Profits = "Customers" pay more.

We will all respond differently to this.

Well, the Club is actually making operating losses (like most clubs) despite the vast Amex income.

TB has been generous enough with c. £100m lent interest free on the Amex/Lancing, and covering these and past losses.

Barber's job is to turn that around, and good luck to him.

And we need to buy our first top of the Championship class striker a.s.a.p.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Yeah right, OK Mark, I fell for it. You are, of course right to carefully select one sentence from each response and use it to justify your thoughts on Barber.

Sorry I'm not as angry or gratuitously confrontational as you.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

You carry on and fill your boots.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well, the Club is actually making operating losses (like most clubs) despite the vast Amex income.

TB has been generous enough with c. £100m lent interest free on the Amex/Lancing, and covering these and past losses.

Barber's job is to turn that around, and good luck to him.

And we need to buy our first top of the Championship class striker a.s.a.p.

Agree with what you say. His role though is to maximise profits, whether we are making or losing money now. When we make money, it'll be to make more. I'm ok with it but i understand why others wont be.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I do get the feeling that barber, like some of the players, need to stop reading the very vocal yet small minority of Albion fans on here. There are thousands out there who couldn't give a flying toss about safe standing, gullys girls or the size of the segregation area; they just want to go to a game, switch of from life and forget about all the other shit out there for an hour and a half. The next day they wake up and carry on with the shit they tried to forget the night before and the last thing on their mind is what Paul Barber's explanation is regarding stewarding.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I didn't think Barber's explanations on some of the more ticket/fan/exchange stuff were very convincing at all, but at least he tackled it and trotted out the company line.

As far as Gully's Girls are concerned, he isn't going to be judged on that long term, it's a big deal to a few people, but not tens of thousands of fans.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Makes me laugh how some on here are constantly whinging about Gully's Girls and what they did etc. You watch the next time they perform the stadium is over half empty as people are on the concourses until near on kick off time.. The round of applause is also pathetic they receive if any.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here