Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul barber in haywards heath 18th july (MID SUSSEX SEAGULLS)

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
The phone number is wrong for anyone wanting to book for tonight.

It should be: Please call Amanda on 01444 458181 if you'd like to reserve a table.

Sounds like it should be a fun evening :thumbsup:

:albion2:

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rev - Can you bring up the mascot thing? I think pretty much everyone would HATE it to not be a free draw. Paying for such things is a massive no no from the fans (see other thread).

Also many fans aren't happy with the price of individual match tickets going up £4 (travel included or not). £28 - £42 is way too expensive for one game in most people's opinions. Again, there is a thread to back this up on here.

I'm worried Barber is just seeing the pound signs - hope I'm wrong...

Rev - Can you bring up the mascot thing? I think pretty much everyone would HATE it to not be a free draw. Paying for such things is a massive no no from the fans (see other thread).

Also many fans aren't happy with the price of individual match tickets going up £4 (travel included or not). £28 - £42 is way too expensive for one game in most people's opinions. Again, there is a thread to back this up on here.

I'm worried Barber is just seeing the pound signs - hope I'm wrong...

Is the mascot thing just for kuipers game? My boys have both been mascots and it was what helped them become solid Albion fans! Would be gutted if it became a regular charge.If project premier goes belly up and we have a poor season they will be under pressure with the ticket prices,recall when they went up from £1 to £1.50 we lost more than we gained.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is the mascot thing just for kuipers game? My boys have both been mascots and it was what helped them become solid Albion fans! Would be gutted if it became a regular charge.If project premier goes belly up and we have a poor season they will be under pressure with the ticket prices,recall when they went up from £1 to £1.50 we lost more than we gained.

It IS just for the Kuipers' game as it stands BUT many on the thread were worried we'd go the same way as some prem clubs and start charging. Your points are exactly our worries... [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will remember the thread...

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Hi Rouseytastic

Mike here, Chairman of Mid Sussex Seagulls.

Glad to hear you're coming on Wednesday. The reason we use the Savannah is because that is where the Mid Sussex Seagulls' coach leaves for every home game ( 78 people on board ), so we drink there before and after the game. Also of the four members of the committee, three are regular Amex season ticket holders and the fourth is a 1901 member. Additionally, one of the committee members is a part owner of the Savannah.

Look forward to meeting you on Wednesday.

Hi Mike,

Yes i knew about the coach and was thinking of getting invovled as my 2 young boys will be with me for every 3PM Saturday kick off. Might bend your ear tonight.
Also, knew about the co owner being a 1901 member but didn't put 2 and 2 together.
Took my Mrs to Savannah last Sunday for an afternoon drink and while i didn't roll a double and win my round of drinks it was pretty pleasant.

See you tonight

It IS just for the Kuipers' game as it stands BUT many on the thread were worried we'd go the same way as some prem clubs and start charging. Your points are exactly our worries... [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will remember the thread...

When we moved into the amex we lost a bit of who we were,all those years of struggling,protest and heartbreak gave us a stake in the club. Now we are going back to having to be a fan number.
It seems that it will be very hard to have that closeness with the emerging success,forming supporters clubs was hoped to be a way of keeping that link,we have a great club, benefactor,stadium and fan base but we should not take it all for granted.Its a great club lets keep it that way.:thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Could you please ask Barber whether he has already made two mistakes;

(1) Chelsea game - not sold out (and there are only 14,000 Albion tickets to sell)
Too expensive for a friendly?
Moving STH from their seats?

(2) Increase of £4.00 per ticket for the 'casual fan' - can than really be justified?

could you please ask barber whether he has already made two mistakes;

(1) chelsea game - not sold out (and there are only 14,000 albion tickets to sell)
too expensive for a friendly?
Moving sth from their seats?

(2) increase of £4.00 per ticket for the 'casual fan' - can than really be justified?
not bothering with chelsea game,a bit of kick in the teeth for kuipers game tbo

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Perhaps he might know what happened to the 83 cup final money ?

Christ!...I've heard of dredging up the past but that is ridiculous. They'll be asking about the Bobby Smith transfer ( in 1964 ) next. How we only officially paid £5k for an England centre-forward and kidded everyone that part of the deal was paying off Smithy's gambling debts. Yeah!
And while we are at it...what about the saga of Graham Cooper running off with Les Lenham's share of their joint benefit money? And while we are at it, the ' hidden ' costs of bringing Brian Clough and Peter Taylor to BHA. And while we are at it...the scandal of the drinks bill on the infamous train journey back from Newcastle in 83.
Its no good Paul Barber burying his head in the sand. We deserve answers on all these issues from the past.

christ!...i've heard of dredging up the past but that is ridiculous. They'll be asking about the bobby smith transfer ( in 1964 ) next. How we only officially paid £5k for an england centre-forward and kidded everyone that part of the deal was paying off smithy's gambling debts. Yeah!
And while we are at it...what about the saga of graham cooper running off with les lenham's share of their joint benefit money? And while we are at it, the ' hidden ' costs of bringing brian clough and peter taylor to bha. And while we are at it...the scandal of the drinks bill on the infamous train journey back from newcastle in 83.
Its no good paul barber burying his head in the sand. We deserve answers on all these issues from the past.

i've heard there will be a formal apology regarding the cup final missing millions:blush:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

(1) Chelsea game - not sold out (and there are only 14,000 Albion tickets to sell)

(2) Increase of £4.00 per ticket for the 'casual fan' - can than really be justified?

Good questions. Please somebody ask him these

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Increase of £4.00 per ticket for the 'casual fan' - can than really be justified?

At least at the Albion everyone is 'in it together'; the price of a sit-down 1901 Club meal has increased by £3. It's now £41 in the Platinum Lounge.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

(1) Only 2500 Chelsea tickets now on sale, does that mean its all but sold out?

(2) £4 for public transport from as far as HH, Shoreham and Seaford (?). Sounds like a bargain to me, would cost you more if you had to buy a train/bus ticket, even from Brighton it's going to cost near enough that much, and if you use a bus and a train it would be more. For those who drive in for matches, then it's £4 to park and get bussed to the ground.

Somehow I don't think he, or any right minded person would see either of those 2 points as mistakes. Maybe it should be you who asks him those questions, just so he can put your mind at rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here