Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul barber in haywards heath 18th july (MID SUSSEX SEAGULLS)

Paul Barber whistle stop tour will be coming to the savannah bar in haywards heath on july 18th STARTING FROM 7PM. Any mid sussex gulls are most welcome to the evening which will include a curry and an albion quiz. In fact any albion fan who wants to pop along is most welcome for a beer,grub or just a natter. Signed albion shirt to raffle with proceeds going to albion in the community. A chance for albion fans to get together and meet the new guy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 Observations:

Why all this about the 83 cup final money what is the story on this? I must have missed it.

Would be ok if it was a decent bar he was going to but Savannahs is not one of those.

2 Observations:

Why all this about the 83 cup final money what is the story on this? I must have missed it.

Would be ok if it was a decent bar he was going to but Savannahs is not one of those.

Ok i get them to build a suitable drinking emporium just for you sir,then you give me a list of who you want invited and what ales and decor you would like.
Then i will take you through the story of the missing final cash,What else can we do for you?:blush:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No need to build one for me as there was one planned at The Priory by JD Wetherspoons but the owners of the bars on The Broadway got scared that they couldn't compete with the opposition and objected to it, so after pressure from Haywards Heath Town Council they withdrew their applications.

Suffice to just tell me about the alleged missing cup final money as I seem to have missed that story or rumour.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No need to build one for me as there was one planned at The Priory by JD Wetherspoons but the owners of the bars on The Broadway got scared that they couldn't compete with the opposition and objected to it, so after pressure from Haywards Heath Town Council they withdrew their applications.

Suffice to just tell me about the alleged missing cup final money as I seem to have missed that story or rumour.

You like Wetherspoons pubs ?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

I think the truth is that Wetherspoons actually got the planning and permissions they required but because of the financial climate decided not to proceed.

Can always pop down to george street hove,a lovely wetherspoons here with lots of like minded people:thumbsup: Could do a presentation on the cup final mystery for ya! As a past alter boy at the priory i praise the
lord and hh council for the wise judgement:bowdown: Not sure i have ever met met anyone in favour of a spoons in the heath:sick:

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
Peter Brackley is quiz master!

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Mid Sussex Seagulls Quiz Night

The Mid Sussex Seagulls will be hosting a quiz night on Wednesday 18th July at the Savannah Café Bar, The Broadway, Haywards Heath in aid of Albion in the Community.

The night kicks off at 7pm and Albion's recently appointed chief executive Paul Barber will be a special guest, along with operations manager Richard Hebberd and head of media and communications Paul Camillin.

The quiz itself will be based on Albion matters, teams past and present and will be compered by football commentator and Albion fan Peter Brackley, who lives locally.

There will be a raffle with prizes, which include an Albion shirt signed by Brighton-born defender Adam El-Abd and an Amex Stadium tour voucher.

Admission is only £1 per person, which includes entry for the quiz. Competitors are invited to take part in groups of up to six per table and there will be a home-made curry available for £5.

Entry can be bought on the night, or for advance bookings, please call Amanda on 01444 581 581 if you'd like to reserve a table.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the truth is that Wetherspoons actually got the planning and permissions they required but because of the financial climate decided not to proceed.

According to The Town Clerk of HH in a letter to me under the Freedom of Information JDW withdrew the application following objections from some of the bars in The Broadway and the town council relating to problems with customers 'in transit' from The Priory to The Broadway. I dont particularly like JD Wetherspoons but I realize that a lot of people in HH would have reaped the benefit of them being there especially the older residents.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
According to The Town Clerk of HH in a letter to me under the Freedom of Information JDW withdrew the application following objections from some of the bars in The Broadway and the town council relating to problems with customers 'in transit' from The Priory to The Broadway. I dont particularly like JD Wetherspoons but I realize that a lot of people in HH would have reaped the benefit of them being there especially the older residents.

As would I have benefited as I live. Ext door to it. Lucky for me The Heath had always been local and that's only 2 minutes walk.
In fact that would have been a much better place to hold this event. It is a 'football pub' and Landlord is an AMEX season ticket holder whereas Savannahs is probably the worst of the bars (presuming no one counts Q Bar anymore because it seems to be nothing more than a meeting point for young folk with electronic tags)

All that said, I'll still be going on Wednesday

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
Hi Rouseytastic

Mike here, Chairman of Mid Sussex Seagulls.

Glad to hear you're coming on Wednesday. The reason we use the Savannah is because that is where the Mid Sussex Seagulls' coach leaves for every home game ( 78 people on board ), so we drink there before and after the game. Also of the four members of the committee, three are regular Amex season ticket holders and the fourth is a 1901 member. Additionally, one of the committee members is a part owner of the Savannah.

Look forward to meeting you on Wednesday.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Hi Rouseytastic

Mike here, Chairman of Mid Sussex Seagulls.

Glad to hear you're coming on Wednesday. The reason we use the Savannah is because that is where the Mid Sussex Seagulls' coach leaves for every home game ( 78 people on board ), so we drink there before and after the game. Also of the four members of the committee, three are regular Amex season ticket holders and the fourth is a 1901 member. Additionally, one of the committee members is a part owner of the Savannah.

Look forward to meeting you on Wednesday.

So there!

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill

It would have given the town drunks a place to go at 9.00 in the morning as well instead of congregating in Victoria Park ?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here