Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pathetic

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Probably because those of us of a certain age remember just how bad the "dark days" were. Post Amex fans have only known the good times.

For that reason all young / new fans, every member of staff at the club (Barber & Ashworth in particular) and every player should be made to read "Build a Bonfire".

Then there's every chance they will understand.

I mean I agree on everything, like the 11 men kicking a football can set the mood for a week, but my point was this feeling isn't limited to 60 year olds :)

I was p'eed off but then I looked on NSC and saw I was taking it all quite well by comparison

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yeah, A sixty year old man who's moods are dictated by eleven blokes wearing blue and white stripes kicking a ball around every week from August to May.

I hold my hands up. Pi$$ed off.

Maybe a bit harsh on yourself. I allow my mood to be affected for about half an hour. I don't think that's unhealthy.

Although last night I was affected for longer because I engaged in NSC.

But, yeah, footie is supposed to be fun. That's why we pay for it. It's much easier to follow with a rational and shruggy shoulder perspective.

I'd like Albion to stay up. But if they go down, hey, it's a bunch of new teams to play and grounds to visit.

Hardened football supporting is all about ego. That's the real reason why folk don't give other teams full credit. Kill some of that off and it becomes an even better sport (and easier to analyse).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nah it’s fine, you’re a fan.

The guys on here last night criticising others for getting upset are the ones who don’t get it.

I don't agree. I do agree that getting a bit frustrated and deflated is a natural emotion. But, for a few, it's a defining emotion which, even after all these years for me, is a bit surreal. Do we pay money for football in various modes to join a lottery of positive and negative emotion ?

My biggest beef, because it affects me perhaps, is the irrational views that follow a defeat. 'It's the manger's fault', 'It's this players fault'. Not that in themselves such views don't hold weight, but that they perpetuate the positive unknown. Of course, if we played Murray from the start in every game we'd be higher. Of course, despite having conceded two more goals than this time last year, Duffy would have saved us points. Then again, perhaps if your girlfriend hadn't dumped you on Sunday you'd be thinking it didn't matter.

Football is a wonderful and disturbing study in social anthropology.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nah it’s fine, you’re a fan.

The guys on here last night criticising others for getting upset are the ones who don’t get it.

This. Everyone has their own ways of venting and dealing with things like last night, the people attacking them for "bed-wetting" or "overreacting" just have a different method of doing it, it doesn't mean they're right and the people they're criticising are wrong.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Nearly 80 and still feel upset. I know we have been through worst times but it's the now that matters and I hate seeing us capitulate as we have done these past 2 or 3 matches. Something is not right at the moment. whether it's the Manager and his tactics or the players are not good enough I do not know. I will be at West Ham and as the game starts that knot in my stomach will be there as I live every kick, every pass, every tackle and hope to see an improvement but waiting to be disappointed again. You would think after 70 + years of watching the Albion I should cope better. Dry January is not helping either!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You're right, it's absolutely pathetic.

What's the worse that can happen? We go down. My team still exists, I still get to go, and cheer on the Albion, day out with my mates, etc. It really isn't that bad. No-one will die, it won't see the collapse of our club. I was at Hereford, that was a day where the club would have ceased to be if we'd lost and got relegated. My whole name/avatar is around that very day. Whatever highs and lows we feels, keep the perspective that once upon a time we were deliriously happy that Steve Gritt dragged our sorry ar5e5 up to 23rd in the bottom division.

Yet, I've felt physically sick, and unable to think of much else, since leaving the ground on Saturday. I think it is so frustrating and affecting me so much because it was looking very positive this season, and we literally just had to beat two of the worst teams in teh division, on dreadful runs, and incredibly low on confidence, to be looking very safe for another season. Instead we've dragged a pathetic 1 point out of those games, and barely deserved that from the display against Villa. Hard to fathom how it has gone so bad, so quick. We have a better team than last year, for much of the season we've played better football, and yet we seem perfectly capable of predictably dire performances, and dreadful results culminating in me feeling like relegation is more likely than it has been in either of the last two seasons.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Maybe three heavy home wins tonight will cheer us all up a little.

Oh yes - mid 50s, extremely pissed off, particularly as my last four attendances have been Bournemouth, Villa, Sheff Wed and Sheff Utd :tantrum::annoyed::down::annoyed:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Im not happy but to compound matters the missus is Liverpool through and through. All this greatest club team and European champions Premier League winners elect is starting to get on my tits.

She pretty good about it generally but when she jumps up and down over another Salah goal with a 'get in there' or when she appears to be sympathetic when we lose I just want to divorce her.

Im 47

and a scorpio if that helps the pole

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yeah, A sixty year old man who's moods are dictated by eleven blokes wearing blue and white stripes kicking a ball around every week from August to May.

Please, it’s not your fault. We are all victims here. There are no winners. We all caught the virus early in life and have been at its mercy since, often helpless. Go easy on yourself therefore and remember: if you’ve been affected by last nights result, or know someone who has, further information including help and advice can be found at www.TheFA.co.uk.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

Snap ... slipped out of the office at 12 for a 2 hour sulk over lunch and then went home sick at 3:30. By rights someone should shortly be writing up my behaviour on bellcheeses at work around the theme of "there's **** all wrong with him"

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Fuming. And a little bit teary. 45.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Felt so low last night, woke up at 4 this morning couldn`t get back to sleep.

I had that! Was trying to work out where the next win is coming from. There's something about knowing we need exactly five wins. I wish the mathematics were as uncertain as our performance was pitiful.

That said, my life is utter shit and I've got nowt else going on, so it's nice to feel alive, I suppose. Ten days is a long time to ruminate before we know if we're going to be transformed or that bad again.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I find this all a bit odd, to be honest.

I was pissed off at the result last night. Then I went to bed. Woke up, saw my family, went to work, moaned about the Albion, got on with my life, that’s it.

I went to the Goldstone, had a season ticket at Gillingham and Withdean and every year at the Amex so far. It’s only football at the end of the day, it isn’t that important. Some people need to get a grip. There’s a lot more to life, go out and find it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
As someone mentioned on another thread we drove home in unusual silence because personally I thought we did OK but came up against a worldy performance from muffs Keeper, what was plainly obvious was our Sunday league defending, the experiment kind of worked with Burn in the team but without him Duffy should be back partnering Dunk ASAP

I'm over any anger issues because it's correctable and the manager will see this, won't he?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I find this all a bit odd, to be honest.

I was pissed off at the result last night. Then I went to bed. Woke up, saw my family, went to work, moaned about the Albion, got on with my life, that’s it.

I went to the Goldstone, had a season ticket at Gillingham and Withdean and every year at the Amex so far. It’s only football at the end of the day, it isn’t that important. Some people need to get a grip. There’s a lot more to life, go out and find it.

Yes.

Woke up thoroughly hacked off.
Lots of more important things.....

Roll on West Ham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here