Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'm not a Lallana fan. We paid him a lot of money. He did a job. Left.

Showed his 'loyalty' by leaving because of family reasons, only to sign for Stains. Lives in Bmuff so hardly a huge journey here for training and games (tho had a place here I think).
If the rumours that we wanted him to stay were correct then he’s done us a favour. He can’t run anymore

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm not a Lallana fan. We paid him a lot of money. He did a job. Left.

Showed his 'loyalty' by leaving because of family reasons, only to sign for Stains. Lives in Bmuff so hardly a huge journey here for training and games (tho had a place here I think).

Sandbanks to Southampton is an hour. Sandbanks to Lancing is about 2.5 hours.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
agreed, not sure what the poster was on about, clearly works for Sky Sports and Bmuff is just along the coast just a casual 90 miles on crap roads.

I've driven to Poole and back in a day dozens and dozens of times and for a lot less than £5 million a year. Unfortunately.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I've driven to Poole and back in a day dozens and dozens of times and for a lot less than £5 million a year. Unfortunately.
I was in Haywards Heath today. Took me two hours to drive there from my house situated between Southampton and Portsmouth this morning and then two and a half hours to get back in the afternoon. The traffic was awful, Chichester particularly shit. Both journeys outside of rush hour.

Last Wednesday I drove to Bournemouth it was an hour there and the same back, again outside of the rush hours.

Bournemouth to Brighton is a shit drive. It would be massively depressing to do it every day.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was in Haywards Heath today. Took me two hours to drive there from my house situated between Southampton and Portsmouth this morning and then two and a half hours to get back in the afternoon. The traffic was awful, Chichester particularly shit. Both journeys outside of rush hour.

Last Wednesday I drove to Bournemouth it was an hour there and the same back, again outside of the rush hours.

Bournemouth to Brighton is a shit drive. It would be massively depressing to do it every day.
At least you'd have the delight of arriving in Sussex. The drive back to Bournemouth, now THAT would be massively depressing ...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

£5,000,000 a year would make it more palatable.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
He’s a club legend and his goal contributions will be hard af to replace but he was shit last half of last season, he’s old, and only going to get worse. £10m might prove to be great business.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
He’s a club legend and his goal contributions will be hard af to replace but he was shit last half of last season, he’s old, and only going to get worse. £10m might prove to be great business.
The entire team was shit* in the second half of the season. I would read too much into an individual’s form in a struggling team. He’s never relied on pace so she might not be a big factor for him.

*shit feels a little harsh (although we definitely weren’t great).

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
I do that form home games (well West Dorset) and it's a mammoth pain in the arse.

I can fully understand that it's no doubt a right pain in the arse 👍🏻

It's probably more of a pain in the arse if you've been travelling extensively with the demands of Premier and European football and you have to do it in your time off.

It's probably an even further pain in the arse if you're a little delicate and aged as a footballer and you've been told to rest your ankle / thigh / calf / hamstring / groin or other from injury or in recuperating. (OK, he can afford a chauffeur)

At the end of the day any extra travel is not going to help him, regardless of any loyalties.
(Sorry to derail the Gross thread though it's becoming difficult to identify his negative comments from Lallanas)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The guy is rightly a club legend. However at 33 and with only 1 year left on his contract then I feel that £10m is great business for us. He was far from 'shit' at the end of last season but he can't play in a 2 man CM in the EPL, he hasn't got the legs, this is amplified if his partner is WBG. He's a 10 or a 7 but we are now stacked in those positions.

The only moan I've ever had with Gross is I've always felt that his set pieces are a bit of a myth, he's not that good at them IMO, but that is IT, everything else about the guy has been top class.

We would have had 6 great years from Pascal AND we would turn a transfer profit!! I just hope we sell on August 31st so we get to say goodbye properly, ironicaly against ManU!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
On a supposed 90k a week ? and he couldn't afford his own pad..wow. How tight fisted can you get ??

Why would he want his own place in or around Brighton when he wasn’t staying there all the time?

Better to share, bond and have the company of a teammate (and his family if Jason’s are down in Brighton too) than living alone, in either rented accommodation or a hotel which no matter how much money you have can be a very isolating experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here