Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought his poor set pieces last season were much worse than any lack of pace, most of them, especially in the second half of the season were shit imo :shrug:

At the risk of being seen as controversial both Barco and Gilmour were more threatening on the limited number of occasions they got to take them

Not so much Lewis :lolol:
This a point well made and has not gone unnoticed in the freakout household, I will miss the Groß turn though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Grates that Lallana got a staged exit fit for a hero and Pascal leaves without a murmer
Pascal fault for not being honest with the fans. It was always the plan in fact he would have gone last summer if we hadn’t made Europe

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Pascal fault for not being honest with the fans. It was always the plan in fact he would have gone last summer if we hadn’t made Europe
Excellent knowledge Springal. And if he mentions and other parts of his internal thought process to you, you will be sure to share them here won't you.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He's between a rock and a hard place though. Sure he's expecting to leave but he's under contract. Until Dortmund pay an acceptable fee he's still a Brighton player.

You can't give him a send off until he's actually confirmed as going. Not least because in one fell swoop you'd cut his value by a few million.

You could argue that the clubs should have had this all sorted earlier, given that we've known he'd be off for a while.

I hope he comes back for a half time next season at some point so he can get the send off he deserves.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He didn’t seem to be enjoying his football towards the end of last season maybe it was the coach maybe it was him who knows.

He was accustomed to winning the midfield with, variously Biss, Mwepu, Caicedo or Mac. Then found himself trying to do it all on his own, he was knackered.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I remember at the start of last season (and the one before) the various 'get rid' posts. I mean, what does he actually do? Slow, doesn't score (enough) or dominate (enough) or set up goals (enough) or lend a majestic presence to proceedings (enough). Yeah, get rid. Boo!
I was, to my shame, one of the "get rid" mob for a period of time.

If there is a Heaven and I end up going there I shall be denied entry because of it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Excellent knowledge Springal. And if he mentions and other parts of his internal thought process to you, you will be sure to share them here won't you.
I called this last summer. Was always the plan, he signed the new deal to preserve value like MacAllister. He’s wanted to go back to Germany for a bit

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought his poor set pieces last season were much worse than any lack of pace, most of them, especially in the second half of the season were shit imo :shrug:

At the risk of being seen as controversial both Barco and Gilmour were more threatening on the limited number of occasions they got to take them

Not so much Lewis :lolol:
But he was still our best player.

Not sure about Gilmour, but Barco delivers a great ball, driven rather clipped

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was, to my shame, one of the "get rid" mob for a period of time.

If there is a Heaven and I end up going there I shall be denied entry because of it.
You may be allowed to use the tradesman's entrance ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suspect I'm being wooshed on multiple levels.

Or that I'm just demonstrating total ignorance of, well multiple things again.

I should probably not reply and allow everybody to assume I've just missed your response.
'Yesterday once more' was a hit single by the musical ensemble, The Carpenters.

I'll get my coat (of many colours).

Jimmy Grimble

I’d like to think the hold up is because we won’t sell until we have secured a genuine replacement.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Grates that Lallana got a staged exit fit for a hero and Pascal leaves without a murmer

I'm not a Lallana fan. We paid him a lot of money. He did a job. Left.

Showed his 'loyalty' by leaving because of family reasons, only to sign for Stains. Lives in Bmuff so hardly a huge journey here for training and games (tho had a place here I think).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here