Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter - officially leaves for Dortmund :(

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
It's a really well-pitched farewell letter, that. But I imagine Potter will be thinking "was it something I said?" when he reaches this bit!

Since then we’ve grown with every game, playing under some brilliant coaches: Chris Hughton — who along with Tony Bloom I’ll be forever indebted for bringing me here, Graham Potter and for me my most important and influential manager, Roberto de Zerbi. I would love to have played under Fabian Hürzeler...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's a really well-pitched farewell letter, that. But I imagine Potter will be thinking "was it something I said?" when he reaches this bit!
It did come across like that.

Fantastic player who left some very good memories. Great fee for a 33 year old.

All the best Pascal

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
His first interview rather contradicts the letter as how difficult the decision was 😂.

He has had some PR training. Tell your new club that it was an easy decision, tell your old club what a hard decision it was. Basically all bullshit :smile:

Anyway, he was great for us and that is really all that matters. Thanks and good luck. Can we move on now? No more tears or teeth gnashing :wink:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
What did we get?
I don't think that's been announced, has it? But it's safe to assume that we drove a hard bargain, given that this has rumbled on for a while. We obviously didn't accept whatever their first offer was. So I'm guessing it'll be at the top end of the mooted numbers. I think I saw €9 million said somewhere, which would represent a great return on what the club paid given that we've had the best years of his career.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Fare the well Pascal. So, sorry to see you go.

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't think that's been announced, has it? But it's safe to assume that we drove a hard bargain, given that this has rumbled on for a while. We obviously didn't accept whatever their first offer was. So I'm guessing it'll be at the top end of the mooted numbers. I think I saw €9 million said somewhere, which would represent a great return on what the club paid given that we've had the best years of his career.
I could separate the two. It could be a difficult decision about leaving (and going back home) Brighton and the PL, but easy to decide on Dortmund (weren't there a few clubs sniffing around?) when they registered their interest.

I refuse to believe anything other than Pascal is a thoroughly upstanding individual, who treats everyone with respect (apart from Manchester United, who he regularly tore a new one!).

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I could separate the two. It could be a difficult decision about leaving (and going back home) Brighton and the PL, but easy to decide on Dortmund (weren't there a few clubs sniffing around?) when they registered their interest.

I refuse to believe anything other than Pascal is a thoroughly upstanding individual, who treats everyone with respect (apart from Manchester United, who he regularly tore a new one!).
Indeed this. The initial rumour was about Eintracht Frankfurt, a decent club but perhaps not worth the hassle and lower wage. Dortmund... different ballpark.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This. Suspect he would have stayed rather than transfer to any other club. No way he could turn this down.
Yeah, shades of BDB going to Newcastle - there's going to be an emotional pull. Who could blame him? I certainly don't. I'm just thankful for the seven years we got from him

I think may see about a trip to Dortmund next year, it would be great to see him live once more

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah, shades of BDB going to Newcastle - there's going to be an emotional pull. Who could blame him? I certainly don't. I'm just thankful for the seven years we got from him

I think may see about a trip to Dortmund next year, it would be great to see him live once more
I’d like them to come here so we say ta ta

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Football is a short career and Pascal spent 7 years of it here. If he wants to go, no one can really argue especially when it's somewhere he really wants to play coming calling at the twilight of his career.

To say is miss him is the understatement of the century. It is like saying I'd miss Beer and Crisps if they suddenly didn't exist

I just hope I see him playing live again at some point to give him my appreciation.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Well that's screwed my man of the match nominations.

If WBG goes as well, I don't know what I'll do......

:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here