Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parts of Croydon that are nice

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:
Parts of Croydon that are nice...hmmm *strokes chin thoughtfullly*

Ahh. The Budgeons in Addiscombe has new linoleum floor tiles, and they've re-painted the double yellow lines in Albert Street.

Other than that though, I'm struggling a bit.

How well do you know Addiscome Easy?

I am sure I have seen a studious looking gent, eyes cast down at the broken paving, shuffling along stroking his chin and mumbling the sonnets of shakespeare?

Not you is it?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The southbound A23 is nice.:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perry Milkins said:
How well do you know Addiscome Easy?

I am sure I have seen a studious looking gent, eyes cast down at the broken paving, shuffling along stroking his chin and mumbling the sonnets of shakespeare?

Not you is it?
Unlikely.
Whenever I cast my eyes down at the broken paving and shuffle along stroking my chin, I only ever mumble poetry from Wordsworth and lyrics from Steps.

You must be mistaken.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only part of Croydon I like is when the train leaves the platform, not bothered which way I'm travelling.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isn't this thread on the wrong board?

???

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
No, I've thought long and hard, and maybe, just maybe I could make a case for Shirley Heights but that would be it. Certainly not Kenley, Coulsdon or Caterham.

Actually I've thought about it some more and I can't.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There is a funny looking man with a white cloak and a a beard living under East Croydon station. Tell the Americans, they might bomb Selhust Park instead :jester:

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Croydon's funny, north half is very London, south is so, so Surrey.
None of it too attractive, though, really.

Ah, New Addington - my first patch as a cub reporter. Oh so welcoming. . .

The skyscrapers of Croydon, though - things of beauty, obviously. As Croydon Marketing and Development recognised, obviously, when they launched their campaign urging movie-makers to see Croydon as "the new Manhattan" for filming scenes. . .

"Self-delusion", thy name is. . .

canterburyseagull

Jul 27, 2004
Myself and my family live in Norbury, (i did actually post 2 messages under Norburyseagull) its basically the place were the people from streatham and thornton heath come to have their little fights, thats why i have taken the first route out and now live in canterbury, a mate of mine is a palace fan and he is a tosser he even worked at selhurst park.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm still haunted by the 18 months I worked in Croydon. It's been 22 years since I left and I can't bear to go back to the place. I can handle Ikea and East Croydon station and that's it. A truly, truly awful place.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I like Ikea but I really wish they'd build one down here. The drive up to the Surrey based one is almost too much to bear.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I lived in Addiscombe for twelve years! I got a job in London and thought it was a reasonable and cheap halfway house between London and Brighton (Trains run all night cos going to Gatwick etc).

I actually enjoyed living there. We had a huge Victorian house for a third of the price it would have been in Clapham/Wimbledon etc. 10 mins walk to East Croydon station. Good mix of people, ages and races - yuppies, oldies, chavs everybody. All the facilities you could want - brand new library, arts stuff, Ikea, cinema, shops.

Apart from the fact that we could hear the scum score if the windows were open it was great.

You do get tired of living there eventually though - and the pollution gets you down. The time was right to move back to Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here