Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Partners stuck overseas

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Heart goes out to you mate but just astonished until last few days people were still happily flying around during a global pandemic.

Be glad you’re both safe, that’s the most important.

Yes. An old cricket playing friend thought it was a good idea last week to fly off to Turkey for 2 weeks with a pal for a sun and beer holiday in an all inclusive hotel. Now call me boring but the signs were there then that world wide things were going downhill.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
They’ll be the ones whinging on social media when they can’t get home too, and expecting the government to get them home. Look forward to it

If they aren't prepared to come back asap, then they have only themselves to blame.
That said, I don't 'look forward to it' - no need to wish ill will upon anyone.......for now.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes. An old cricket playing friend thought it was a good idea last week to fly off to Turkey for 2 weeks with a pal for a sun and beer holiday in an all inclusive hotel. Now call me boring but the signs were there then that world wide things were going downhill.

There have been lots of people under estimating the severity of the situation. The social distancing refusers (eg the people turning up en masse at National Trust gardens) are currently in this category.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They’ll be the ones whinging on social media when they can’t get home too, and expecting the government to get them home. Look forward to it

Yep, most the refusals are on non virgin flights, which means we have no control over them.

“Virgin left me with 50k Bill” Headlines in coming.

The truth is we have spent the last week getting everyone home at great cost despite what is going on with the staff personally.

I’ve hung up on a number of people this week moaning about compensation ��

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If they aren't prepared to come back asap, then they have only themselves to blame.
That said, I don't 'look forward to it' - no need to wish ill will upon anyone.......for now.

I don’t wish ill on them I’d just be interested in how they justify not coming back when they were told to and whinging that they can’t get back now. I doubt they’d tell the full story though so I won’t know which ones were the ones who CHOSE to stay for their full holiday.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
My partner went to visit her family in the north of Sweden a couple of weeks ago, and was due back this Saturday. However, with just one days notice, the Swedish airline (SAS) have cancelled all flights from there, for the foreseeable future, meaning the likely scenario is that she will be stuck there (and me, here) until this situation has resolved itself, in whatever form that takes.
Although I am happy that she's safe (as much as one can be), over there, I'm both incredibly sad and concerned that it seems we cannot be together through this, and that we have no idea when we might see each other again.
Is anyone else in a similar situation, or does anyone have any helpful advice?

Two viable options:

A) Sleep with a few different women whilst she’s gone, I mean who wants the same bird forever!

B) Get a new girlfriend, there’s loads of women around, I saw some today in fact!

You’re welcome!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've got nothing helpful to say other than good luck to the OP and anyone else in a similar situation.

And to any and every one else who is being or will be ****ed over in one way or another by this ******* virus.

Edited to say I didn't realise b'stard was a strong enough word to be filtered.

It is. And yet thundercuntery isn't. Funny old world.

My middle brother emailed a couple of days ago, stuck in France with his missus, unable to go out without a permit, and unable to apply for a permit (no printer in the gite - apols for spelling). Silence therefter. I phoned his home half an hour ago to check with his son and, bugger me, bro answers. Got home yesterday. Didn't bother telling me. And immediately wants to start a 'let's slag Boris' rant, till the missus called him to dinner. Family eh? Sadly the biggest thundercunt in ours is . . . . me :lolol:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Two viable options:

A) Sleep with a few different women whilst she’s gone, I mean who wants the same bird forever!

B) Get a new girlfriend, there’s loads of women around, I saw some today in fact!

You’re welcome!

I'll bear those options in mind, and hopefully, one of them will be yours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here