Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking

Oakwell

Nov 2, 2011
Greetings Seagulls!

We come in peace as Barnsley supporters. We shall be attending the game in your new stadium on Sunday and need some help with parking. We don't mind walking for 30 - 45 mins and wondered if there is any parking available in Moulsecoomb, Bevendean, Woodindean or Coldean? Is it realistic to walk to the ground from one of these places? Failing that, what to home supporters do for parking? Thanks for any help you can give. Have a great season!

Robert.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Either Coldean or Moulsecoomb the other two are miles away. Should be no problem as long as reasonably early

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Park and Ride mates. See seagulls.co.uk.

I used that for the last time vs West Ham and will not be using it again as it so disorganised and a complete shambles. Kept dry in the ground and then got soaked waiting on the approaches to the P & R up the stairs and then waiting for the bus a complete joke but not so funny.

I would not reccomend anybody to use it as the bus company/ club have had ample time to get this sorted out but have failed.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
P&R works fine as long as you appreciate you are not going to walk straight onto a bus. Apart from first game never waited more than 25 mins. If parking Coldean Lane is probably the best bet

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why does the Mithras House bus drive up the left of the raised island thus making people walk around the bus to get on it would it not be more efficient and quicker if it was taken up the right hand side thus meaning that people joined the bus directly from the island. Who designed or didnt design the system of ascending the steps.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Greetings Seagulls!

We come in peace as Barnsley supporters. We shall be attending the game in your new stadium on Sunday and need some help with parking. We don't mind walking for 30 - 45 mins and wondered if there is any parking available in Moulsecoomb, Bevendean, Woodindean or Coldean? Is it realistic to walk to the ground from one of these places? Failing that, what to home supporters do for parking? Thanks for any help you can give. Have a great season!

Robert.

Welcome to NSC Robert,

Please do enjoy NSC, you will find most of the regulars are quite friendly here and will help out with any information you need.

Hope you enjoy your trip to our new stadium, will be interested to hear what you think of it afterwards :)

I can only hope you go away with no points though :)

Enjoy :thumbsup:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Greetings,

Go to the downs hotel in woodingdean, they run a p&r from the pub car park for 4 quid. Park at the pub, have a few beers and get doorstop service to the ground and back. Easy, and saves farting about queueing for the official p&r's.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As others have said, Coldean is a doddle - 20 to 30 minutes walk away and plenty of parking around. Pretty safe place too (it's where I live) but I'd give the pub a miss, it's very much a home supporters pub.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Park and Ride mates. See seagulls.co.uk.
That's obviously the best option - but being away fans have they had the chance to buy one-off travel vouchers? And if not can they buy them at the P&R sites (along with any Brighton fans who might need them)?

For shorthand I like to refer to this as the 'Bracknell Question' as it was Lord B who first raised it, and unless I've missed something it's never been answered.

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
As others have said, Coldean is a doddle - 20 to 30 minutes walk away and plenty of parking around. Pretty safe place too (it's where I live) but I'd give the pub a miss, it's very much a home supporters pub.

This.

The pub the Hikers has all over it Home support only. You won't get in. Best to go to ground and drink there.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Matches V Barnsley......red shirts with big white stars on, bald defenders and dour 0-0's......

kano

Jun 17, 2011
park in a side road off coledean lane and youll be fine...as others have said youll need to drink in the ground(which opens a couple of hours before kickoff) as the hikers is home fans only.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Greetings Seagulls!

Robert.

Dear Robert

As i am bored out of my brain I decided to draw you a map. Parking in the red circle areas would be my suggestion (the closer to kick off the harder it is obviously) The black square is the Hikers Rest, as others have said it's home fans only. The pink route takes you through the woods opposite the Hikers and straight to the Amex. It's a well trodden path which is frequently used and takes about 15 minutes. The brown route from Moulscoombe takes you through an ally way or two and along the train tracks, both perfectly safe unless you run along shouting BARNSLEY BARNSLEY BARNSLEY. Alternately you can walk along the A27 and cross under the bridge at the same point the pink route exits the woods. Enjoy a pie in the ground, enjoy your trip!

walkmap.JPG

That's obviously the best option - but being away fans have they had the chance to buy one-off travel vouchers? And if not can they buy them at the P&R sites (along with any Brighton fans who might need them)?

For shorthand I like to refer to this as the 'Bracknell Question' as it was Lord B who first raised it, and unless I've missed something it's never been answered.
I'm honoured. But you're right. It remains as unanswered as the West Lothian Question.

For new readers ... It's in two parts. How do away fans buy Travel Vouchers? And will away fans be turned away from the Park & Ride service if they don't each have a pre-purchased Travel Voucher?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Or...

Park in Lewes (free on Sunday's) And get a train (one stop) or bus (10 mins). You would be warmly welcomed at any pub in Lewes and most do food! Added bonus this week is that it should be fairly quiet in town due to Saturday's bonfire celebrations. Meaning most locals will be in recovery mode:lolol:

Enjoy the day.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know it's frowned upon to use (the horror!) a car to get to the Amex, by I had to leg it straight to work after the last home game so had little choice. First game I've not used the train or coach.

Parked in Coldean (considerately, I should add, being careful not to block driveways or use the grass verge) and walked. Twenty minute stroll, easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here