Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking at Lewes station

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Advice required as just booked hotel accommodation in Lewes for game tomorrow and they said to park at the station. Is there plenty of parking there on match evenings? Will probably be parking at about 3.00pm as that's when I can check in to hotel so presume I can pay to park till 11.00am saturday ok?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You will have to pay for Friday and then go down early and pay for Saturday as well as far as I know. Your only choise is a daily ticket which I think is £5

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would try and park in the car park next to Lewes football club, 30 seconds drive from the railway station, its something like 50p an hour until 6pm and then I guess the same from 8 or 9ish the following morning

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Lewes Parking - Car Parks, Street Parking, Private Garages - Parkopedia

Look here, there might be a car park nearer the hotel, it suggests the one I am talking about is a maximum of 10 hours though, not sure if leaving it overnight and re-ticketing in the morning will be a problem or not

Edit: Just seen your post, I would guess the station car park would give you a ticket until midnight or 1am or something that night so wouldn't be valid in the morning, maybe ring the station to confirm. Lewes FC is right next to a council car park, they don't own it

As a guest, can't you park in the Pelham House car park? It's not huge, but it might be worth checking with the hotel. If you can't, they'll certainly advise you where the best place for an over-night park-up is - since you won't be the first to have asked.

I used to work there, btw - but long before it became a hotel. I find it difficult to believe that the attic office I used to sit in is now rented out to people who are prepared to pay for the privilege!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You can park for free near the station either near the school/dripping pan or north of their . Always spaces when I park do away games at about 615 ish. No need to use car park. Walk never more than 10 mins and no charges for parking after 6pm.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You can park for free near the station either near the school/dripping pan or north of their . Always spaces when I park do away games at about 615 ish. No need to use car park. Walk never more than 10 mins and no charges for parking after 6pm.

I guess you didn't read the question in the first post, he's arriving at 3pm and not leaving until 11pm on Saturday

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Can you not park in Pelham House - they do have a small car park as we work there often - if you get there early to check in you should be fine to leave the car there surely and walk down to the station to get the train.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Ample street parking which I think they stop charging after 6, just move it before 8 I believe sat morning to the station car park which is about £5 for the day at the weekend!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Pelham was already full. Ended up parking in station Friday and station staff said I would be ok til 11am Saturday as the ticket checker bloke came in on the 11.07 train

Decided to move it at 8.30 to on street for 2 hours which was £4

And yes Lord B we were in a ground floor room in what seemed like an old stable block on other side of car park which was a bit weird

Thanks for all the advice chaps

Pelham was already full. Ended up parking in station Friday and station staff said I would be ok til 11am Saturday as the ticket checker bloke came in on the 11.07 train

Decided to move it at 8.30 to on street for 2 hours which was £4

And yes Lord B we were in a ground floor room in what seemed like an old stable block on other side of car park which was a bit weird

Thanks for all the advice chaps
The ground floor of the Stable Block? That's a converted garage (and originally, of course, a stable). Roz and MartinF used to work upstairs in that block.

I guess it's quite handy to have a hotel room that you can sneak into late, without having to stagger in pissed, past the reception desk. That's how it worked as office accommodation too - which is why the council Press Office was located there.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Can someone tell me where the entrance is to Lewes station car park. I wanted to park in there the other night, however all I can see is a hill leading down to the car park. However its a narrow road and cars were coming up the hill. I am talking as you come out of the station, turn right and you pass the hill that comes up out of the car park.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Can someone tell me where the entrance is to Lewes station car park. I wanted to park in there the other night, however all I can see is a hill leading down to the car park. However its a narrow road and cars were coming up the hill. I am talking as you come out of the station, turn right and you pass the hill that comes up out of the car park.

That's the one, there is another entrance but that's even narrower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here