Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking around Hove station

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
My wife's office is just about to move to Goldstone villas next to Hove station from Lewes. Presently, she walks to work so this is coming as a bit of a financial kick in the balls.

She's been told that parking around the area is going to cost around £5 a day...and that's a seriously big no-no after the added petrol plus having to finance a second car.

Is there anywhere around that area or within a 10-15 minute walk that's free parking ?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My wife's office is just about to move to Goldstone villas next to Hove station from Lewes. Presently, she walks to work so this is coming as a bit of a financial kick in the balls.

She's been told that parking around the area is going to cost around £5 a day...and that's a seriously big no-no after the added petrol plus having to finance a second car.

Is there anywhere around that area or within a 10-15 minute walk that's free parking ?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Not really

Train!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The droveway is the nearest non permit area and I would say no more than 10 minutes walk away.

yeah that's not too bad mate. Thanks for that.

Think i might have to have a drive round the area before she moves (early December) and have a butchers.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I live near hove station and it's a nightmare to park as a resident - you would have to park at least a mile away if you wanted free.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
yeah that's not too bad mate. Thanks for that.

Think i might have to have a drive round the area before she moves (early December) and have a butchers.

Newtown road also has free street parking but then you know what used to be down there :(

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Train's a possibility but so is a car share. Trouble is, as her company has been bought out, things are changing and she might need her to go out on visits to clients etc.

She should push the boss and inform them that unless she has a free parking space or the company pay for her parking she will be getting the train and subsequently they will have to provide a car for her to visit clients

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Look at the train times/cost too. It will be seriously cheaper than a second car, petrol parking once you include insurance, road tax etc. An annual season (gold card) is useful for weekend travel, cheaper days out for all the family. Sorry if I sound like Jimmy Saville!

PG

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Look in the area North of Old Shoreham Road, east of Shirley Drive and west of the Upper Drive. There is plenty of parking next to Hove Recreation Ground on Shirley Drive but you are then talking of a 15-20 minute walk down to Goldstone Villas which may not be pleasant in the pouring rain. As others have suggested you are better off using the train, it'll be much easier and in the long run less expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here