Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park & Ride Nightmare Last Night

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think one of the reasons for the increase in traffic last night may be that the A22 is closed between Halland and Golden Cross for the next two weeks. I would imagine a lot of traffic that travels down the A22 decided to go down the A23, then along the A27, rather than diverting from Halland to Ringmer then back to Golden Cross.
We have a minibus from Hailsham for midweek kick-offs, and as we went towards Falmer, the queue from Culfail Tunnel roundabout at Lewes stretched right back to the Kingston roundabout, both lanes solid. This was at 6-20, it wouldnt have taken long for this to impact onto the Newmarket stretch.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Agree with comments on S bus after game leave on final whistle from WSL and you just see the last one pulling out. Fortunately can get P or H if still there although 15 minute walk with these options. It may be better to run the S after the game as it does on the way in fast to hangleton and avoid the roundabout route which would mean quicker return for those waiting

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
left portslade at 6 for pr at mill hill and arrived at stadium 2 mins after match started, loads of people still waiting once we had got on the bus god knows what time they made it

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Is there an instruction for everyone on the platform to get on the train? If not there should be. Give it a few games for people to get the idea, then go hardcore and after the train has left make everyone who refused to board the train exit the station and head to the back of the queue. Sorted.
(exception for our blue badged friends and such)

and there lies the problem! Its people who are selfish that wont move down the carriage or bus etc that spoil it for others who may have set times for connections such as the 2240 at Lewes. I could go on but you know who you are but you just dont care as long as you are okay.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Was going to leave and drive up in the morning, visit my Sister, two birds with one stone. (Seagulls and Sister.) However had to pick a neighbour up from the Station, so wasn't able to leave till three. I thought, what about the train, fares good, times good. Unfortunately last train back 10.05 can't risk it. Public transport pah!
Anyhoo, I was expecting a nightmare on the A27 past Sompting in the rain, when I arrived there, nothing, whizzed through and arrived at Mill Road about 4.45, so decided to drive via Fiveways and the Gaiety to the Racehill. First car there so sat and read a book for half an hour.
For the Cardiff game, which was a Raceday the traffic had backed up to the Bear Road junction, for the Ipswich game the traffic along Warren Road was normal for six o'clockish. I know as I used to live there. So arrived nice and early for the ramp up too the game.
Hung around in ESU till there were only a few people left watching the pitch and went down in anticipation of a nice hot Coffee. Apart from only getting one goal this was the only failure of the day, all coffee gone, and in the North. So hung around for half an hour, with tea and estimated when the Buses would return for second pick up. Wandered up the hill and joined the back of a short queue and got on the bus.
In the car, and down Freshfield Road to the seafront and along to the Lighthouse and up to the A27, home just before 12.00. Problems what problems. ( I know I don't work and have plenty of time to get to Matches. Usually.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here