Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and Ride Tomorrow

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I booked a place this morning for £10 in Bennett field- told this was the only parking- just take email confirmation with me. Guy also said at the moment 5000 tickets sold.

Local parking shoudn't be too bad with size crowd then.

5000 is a bit of an insult to FDM. Can remember the club neing bombarded with requests to award the testimonial,but now people are not attending. Guess it will be the Withdean regulards only, who have an attachment to FDM, and no JCLs

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I hadn't even thought about the possibility that getting to the game may be more complicated tomorrow. So...if there's no Park and Ride, what about the other special bus services (specifically the R bus from Rottingdean)? Are these not happening either?

I am waiting for the club to confirm but from the Brighton and Hove bus website it doesn't look like the special buses are running, which is a pain as I use the R bus to get to the game.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Would parking in Lewes (free) and buying a return ticket be a palaver?

Worth condidering but I work in Crawley and live in Shoreham so a bit out of the way. Mill Rd is perfect for these games. I don't have to go out of my way at all!

My options are;

1)Park in Coldean for free and walk.
2)Finish work bit early, drop car off and get train from shoreham
3)Sack the game off. I have paid by £15 and don't begrudge FDM that but I am not paying another tenner to park, and then sit is queue for an hour afterwoulds. I hate friendlies but wanted to go to support FDM but seems like to much hassle now

I will prob go option 1 and get some dinner on the way. Isn't there a chippy close to bottom of Coldean Lane? Far better value than what we are now paying at the AMEX!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Worth condidering but I work in Crawley and live in Shoreham so a bit out of the way. Mill Rd is perfect for these games. I don't have to go out of my way at all!

My options are;

1)Park in Coldean for free and walk.
2)Finish work bit early, drop car off and get train from shoreham
3)Sack the game off. I have paid by £15 and don't begrudge FDM that but I am not paying another tenner to park, and then sit is queue for an hour afterwoulds. I hate friendlies but wanted to go to support FDM but seems like to much hassle now

I will prob go option 1 and get some dinner on the way. Isn't there a chippy close to bottom of Coldean Lane? Far better value than what we are now paying at the AMEX!

Option one will be my method, and yes there is a chippy there.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It's shocking they did not annouce the travel plans over the tannoy on Sat (unless they did I missed it). Chances are a few hundred will turn up at the P&R sites completley un aware nothing is running.

I certainly wasnt aware of it so wouldve been a bit red faced turning up to Mithras House as normal tomorrow!

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Option one will be my method, and yes there is a chippy there.

Think the chippy has swung it for me. Irrespective of the price rises, getting food for mid week games is a bit of a mare. I normally go straight from work to P&R and then to Dicks, but as good as the pies are, it is not a meal. Even 2 are not that filling and it doesn't feel like a meal. Oh for chips to return

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
The chippie is handy - but no bins on the way so you have to carry the rubbish all the way to the ground. Was hoping they'd sort out a few bins for the walk in but no - stinky hands it is...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
According to the website the special bus services from Rottingdean, Shoreham, Hangleton and Portslade are running.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey..only 5000 that is dreadful

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's all very well granting a Testimonial, but a bit mean spirited to pull the P & R. That's all.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Does the price of the ticket include a travel voucher for use on the train or do we need to buy a ticket (I appreciate it won't be much but every little saving counts)?

Never mind, found my answer on the club site.

Please note, the subsidised travel system will not be in operation for this game, so supporters will have to pay for a ticket before traveling on buses and trains to and from the Amex.

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Would have operated but pre-bookings amounted to less than 20, as at Thursday/Friday so decision made to do away with P & R for this game. Steward cost saving for FDM too.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Would have operated but pre-bookings amounted to less than 20, as at Thursday/Friday so decision made to do away with P & R for this game. Steward cost saving for FDM too.

The problem is that I don't think most people were aware they had to pre book the park and ride. I certainly wasn't but was intending to use it. As travel is included in tickets this season I assumed that it was for this game. I don't remember seeing anywhere that we had to pre book park and ride. I certainly wasn't told this when I booked my tickets.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The problem is that I don't think most people were aware they had to pre book the park and ride. I certainly wasn't but was intending to use it. As travel is included in tickets this season I assumed that it was for this game. I don't remember seeing anywhere that we had to pre book park and ride. I certainly wasn't told this when I booked my tickets.

That I suspect will be a problem tonight? Although I don't use P & R, I wasn't aware that it needed to be pre booked for this game. Why ffs? As mentioned on another thread, I can see shed loads of people turning up at the park & ride sites in blissful ignorance, not realising they are not running. The transport organisation for this game is a shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here