Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yep, that's what I had read and hence the post. If he was born in Louisiana and went to LSU, (and according to wikipedia has only become fluent in Swedish in recent years) I'm guessing he has lived most of his life in the US.
Bit like that young Californian girl who did skateboarding for us?

there are a heck of a lot of athletes etc who switch countries…hell our cricket team took any south African going not long ago…kevin Peiterson Par example

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
BTW, The Mighty Nicklas Lidström is born in Västerås ... former Captain of the Detroit Red Wings! He's also a GOAT! ;)

Is that wink face because you're just kidding?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Sooo, I think we are done now, we have got our medals, don't think we will get any more. Not the best Olympics, not the worst.
No way. Either we take at least one handball medal or none of them should be allowed back to the country.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
No way. Either we take at least one handball medal or none of them should be allowed back to the country.
Yeah, I forgot those giants, they are GOATS too!

For the first time, I reckon, both the men and women stand a good chance to get medals at the same Olympics.

And then theres those beachvolley players. Don’t get it, think they have lost two games and still have a chance to get medals. In other sports they would have been home by now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
42 - I think they were aiming for 50-70, so might be disappointed. Lowest since pre-London.
Josh Kerr is a prospect in the 1500m tomorrow but then I think that’s about it?

Even if he does make the podium, 2 medals is slim pickings for Team GB track and field.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Even if he does make the podium, 2 medals is slim pickings for Team GB track and field.
Hudson Smith in the 400m?? Generally seem to do ok at the relays too if we can get the baton round. Laura Kenny in the BBC studio was bullish about our chances in the track cycling too, she said we could win as many as 8 golds.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Looking at that medals table the Netherlands is up there, as always nowadays. Don’t know what they are doing but it’s quite remarkable for a nation that size.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

KJT might manage to not have a meltdown, and grab a minor medal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
42 - I think they were aiming for 50-70, so might be disappointed. Lowest since pre-London.
this might surprise you…

85A869CC-02E2-4BDC-8214-AEF59DE3F179.jpeg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hudson Smith in the 400m?? Generally seem to do ok at the relays too if we can get the baton round. Laura Kenny in the BBC studio was bullish about our chances in the track cycling too, she said we could win as many as 8 golds.
Yes - good point on the relays, especially as anything can happen on the handovers.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
GB have always made an issue about the spread of sports getting medals as a reflection of whether the lottery is effective in targeting talent. If the cyclists do well it will reflect an upturn in achievements alongside the rowers since Tokyo. However there has been a decline in swimming , particularly no medals for the women. Other minority sports have done well in parts as usual. Team sports are a pretty barren area with very few exceptions. Still medal chances to come in a number of sports. I am sure we will end up in the range being targeted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here