Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not recently in all likelihood, but here's the reason given:

"Duplantis usually divides his year between winters in Louisiana and summers in Uppsala in Sweden, adapted for when the two climates offer the best possibilities for training."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armand_Duplantis
Yep, that's what I had read and hence the post. If he was born in Louisiana and went to LSU, (and according to wikipedia has only become fluent in Swedish in recent years) I'm guessing he has lived most of his life in the US.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, that's what I had read and hence the post. If he was born in Louisiana and went to LSU, (and according to wikipedia has only become fluent in Swedish in recent years) I'm guessing he has lived most of his life in the US.

He's American. Sweden paid him to pretend to be Swedish because they want to look better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic run by Keely, smashed it big time

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hilarious scenes in the 3x3 basketball where the French led the Dutch by a point. As the buzzer went, the Dutch chuck a 2 pointer hail-Mary and it's nestled in the basket, silencing the partizan crowd and causing me to chuckle heartily. This was after the Dutch equalised on the stroke of full time causing it to go to an extra minute.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
American or Swedish ... as an athlete he was probably the biggest favorite in this Olympics, had everything to lose actually ... but oh boy he delivered! No nerves at all, he's on another level. The GOAT!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Good day for the athletes I work with...(oh look at me)...Joe got a silver Kimberly a bronze and Emma / Sophie smashed the gold in the Velodrome...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My missus, born in Västerâs, is well chuffed at the win and the record

Even though she says his Swedish still isn’t exactly fluent

I’d rather a Swedish gold than an American one (and it keeps her happy)
I was in Vasteras last February.

f*** me, that was cold

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My missus, born in Västerâs, is well chuffed at the win and the record

Even though she says his Swedish still isn’t exactly fluent

I’d rather a Swedish gold than an American one (and it keeps her happy)
I was only kidding following some posts by a Swede suggesting we only play as Team GB to try and get more medals.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I was in Vasteras last February.

f*** me, that was cold
I've never been to Västerås. Fourth biggest city but I have no clue what it looks like or what they do there.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
American or Swedish ... as an athlete he was probably the biggest favorite in this Olympics, had everything to lose actually ... but oh boy he delivered! No nerves at all, he's on another level. The GOAT!
Agreed. He’s ridiculously better than his oppo. How they keep themselves motivated is beyond me: ‘I know, I’ll go and train 360 days a year for 4 years so that I’m good enough to be able to vault 30cm less than my fellow American can. That seems like a good idea’ 🤷

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here