Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if anyone wants to continue the whole "why do you hate us for being Team GB"-"I don't hate you for being Team GB"-conversation, we can take it in PM.

temp.gif

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Katzberg (CAN) doesn’t even look like an athlete but he rocks!

Edit: gold in hammer throw, if that is what it’s called in english

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lyles backs up his talk. Fair play.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That was an extraordinary finish

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If I was running that race I'd be getting rid of every bit of excess weight I could. Some of these guys have watches, bracelets and chunky jewellery on....fair play to them :lol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Amazing 100m, don’t think I’ve ever seen a 100m field covered by such fine margins.
Must be one of the fastest races ever for the entire field.

For some context Linford Christie’s time when he won in 1992 would have him finishing last.

They just confirmed that 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th were the fastest times ever recorded by someone finishing in those positions. Unbelievable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For some context Linford Christie’s time when he won in 1992 would have him finishing last.

They just confirmed that 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th were the fastest times ever recorded by someone finishing in those positions. Unbelievable.

Yay for the drugs Olympics!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Are we claiming that refugee boxer from Cameroon who’s ’been living in Bolton for several years and is Team GB trained?

She’s probably better off competing under the refugee team banner though. If she was Team GB, the judges would have awarded her QF fight today to her French opponent she battered for 3 rounds.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
If I was running that race I'd be getting rid of every bit of excess weight I could. Some of these guys have watches, bracelets and chunky jewellery on....fair play to them :lol:
One of the cycling Commentators wondered why they were all wearing baggy vests and not aero dynamic suits.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Triathlon Mixed Relay on now.

Alex Yee on first leg puts us in the lead. GTB on 2nd leg.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I spent 6yrs unbeaten at 400m in the Brighton, Hove & Portslade schools events between 1981-1987. Was trained by former 800m Olympic semi-finalist and once European 880yds record holder local lad Chris Carter (The Running Policeman!). Biggest regret was not breaking 50 seconds (50.3s)
It's never too late 😉

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sam Dickinson pulling away from the German in the run leg.

Potter In...the water.

Gold on its way?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
8:06 on BBC Sport live text:
"Gold medallist Alex Yee has turned into the Team GB hype man after doing the first leg.
He's down in front of me on Pont Alexandre III at the finish line, triathlon suit half down, screaming for his team-mates."

I love this guy.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Yay for the drugs Olympics!

Too busy to watch but Alibaba are a global sponsor and I bet that might have something to do with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here