Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Without scrolling back through the previous comments, can someone explain how a swimming pool can be described as not particularly fast, is it uphill both ways?
Depth of the water - this one is 2.2m deep and the waves disrupt the swimmers more than other pools that are 3m deep where the effect of the waves on the swimmers is lessened (according to Mark Foster last night)

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
NZ vs China in the Women's Rugby 7s QF

Animated GIF

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Depth of the water - this one is 2.2m deep and the waves disrupt the the swimmers more than other pools that are 3m deep and the effect of the waves on the swimmers is lessened (according to Mark Foster last night)
I know this is right, but I always assumed, from the way people say "it's a volume equivalent to Xno. Olympic swimming pools" that they were all the same depth.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Did we have any booing at the London 2012 games? I guess there may have been, but don't remember hearing any. Twice the French et al crowd have booed the GB players. The Mountain bike and now the GB rugby 7s women's team against the US. Seems a bit mean spirited considering it's the Olympics.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Did we have any booing at the London 2012 games? I guess there may have been, but don't remember hearing any. Twice the French et al crowd have booed the GB players. The Mountain bike and now the GB rugby 7s women's team against the US. Seems a bit mean spirited considering it's the Olympics.
No idea but wouldn't be surprising if the French were a bit louder and more rowdy eh?
I loved when they booed the Dutch child rapist yesterday. More of that thanks.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Why did they boo the losing team?!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apart from George Osborne?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's all kicking off in the fencing. Cheung (Hong Kong) beat Machi (Italy) in the final but they're not taking defeat well. The Italian coach is hurling abuse at the judges and Machi has stormed off.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's three bouts where the decisions have been nothing short of a bloody travesty.
I’ve seen 2 out of the 3 and have been perplexed by both, particularly tonight’s. Thought Orie won all 3 rounds.

The GB boxing team don’t seem to be making any public complaints though. Is that them just being very gracious losers or my low-level understanding of boxing?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I’ve seen 2 out of the 3 and have been perplexed by both, particularly tonight’s. Thought Orie won all 3 rounds.

The GB boxing team don’t seem to be making any public complaints though. Is that them just being very gracious losers or my low-level understanding of boxing?
The most bizarre thing is that in each of the three bouts (two GB girl boxers and Orie tonight), not only have they been
on the front foot pushing the opponent around the ring, but they've delivered the best hits.

I think it's fixed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here