Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hang on…a russian high jumper is competing for Cyprus, because her FATHER a has business interests in Cyprus.

that has to be the most tenuous reason for a competitor.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hang on…a russian high jumper is competing for Cyprus, because her FATHER a has business interests in Cyprus.

Don’t forget the IOC are very flexible

Bit of French heavy metal to cheer things up.
That would be Gojira. In mine (and many people's book) the best live heavy metal band in the world. Have seen them five times and they've never been anything less than amazing!

Was absolutely made up for them when I read that they were going to be part of the opening ceremony. Absolutely nailed that.

(Also random fun local fact, their first ever UK show in 2006 was at Brighton's Concorde 2)

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Did they say at which end of the scale?

One of them said Beijing 2008 was the best. So, I can't be sure what they're talking about.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Should be the most compelling reason for her not to participate

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Well I think Bez’s & Shaun Ryder’s vision of an outdoor Eurovision deserves some credit!

• Haha
Reactions: A1X

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I went on holiday in France last month and have nothing but positive things to say, visiting Brittany and Normandy on my motorbike with my husband on his.

I can’t make my mind up if it’s me and I don’t understand what is going on, or if it just piss poor.

just seen how bad the rain is there and really feel sorry for them, talk about pissing on your parade.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gawd, is it because it is the french that you are so damn anti?
Nope although I can understand why you might expect that.

To be clear, most British people were very cynical about 2012 before it started and then absolutely stunned at just how good London 2012 was; and the bar was set at the opening ceremony which was unexpectedly breathtaking.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One of them said Beijing 2008 was the best. So, I can't be sure what they're talking about.
That was the one where the little girl had to sing from outside the stadium and another mimed her as she wasn’t pretty enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here