Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
The strength and flexibility of these rings gymnasts is incredible.
My grandad was a gymnast in his younger days. Parallel bars was his main discipline and he said the rings were by far the toughest thing to do, the core strength required is unbelievable. He was incredibly fit and was training to be an army PT before the outbreak of WWII, he also kept his gymnastics training going and had a shot at the 1940/44 Olympics had they not been cancelled.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
My grandad was a gymnast in his younger days. Parallel bars was his main discipline and he said the rings were by far the toughest thing to do, the core strength required is unbelievable. He was incredibly fit and was training to be an army PT before the outbreak of WWII, he also kept his gymnastics training going and had a shot at the 1940/44 Olympics had they not been cancelled.
Not a big fan of gymnastics (don't think its very fun to watch) but it surely is one of the most impressive sports anyway. While I couldn't see myself in any elite sports, there's not a lot of them where every second I watch it I think "that would have killed me".

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Definitely a silver for Rutter in the shooting, can she snatch the gold?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Gutting she definitely hit it and they aren’t using any replay systems like they normally would.
The chilean was claiming a hit that wasn't given a few shots earlier as well, I don't think they showed a replay of that which may suggest it was actually a miss.

My point being, not basing the decisions on a replay is a nonsense that's unfair on everybody.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Djokovic finally wins the Olympic singles title.

He's got the lot now.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Djokovic bullies Alcaraz to defeat in a game that Alcaraz started so well. Well deserved win

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hepworth 2nd, Jarman 3rd - one gymnast to go, so Hepworth guaranteed a medal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here