Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm guessing Sweden vs Norway from the women's handball tournament is shown on BBC1 tonight?

Recommend it to anyone wanting to watch Swedish ladies get spanked.
We watched Croatia v Serbia handball London 2012, spikey game and crowd. Never watched a handball game before or since but loved the occasion, the atmosphere. Brilliant day (only shame being it was the mens game not the womens).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I'm guessing Sweden vs Norway from the women's handball tournament is shown on BBC1 tonight?

Recommend it to anyone wanting to watch Swedish ladies get spanked.
Handball is da shit, Bruno F and the likes wouldn’t last 5 mins! One of the best, if not the best, tv sports! Love it!

SWE 13
NOR 10

… right now. Whos spanking who!?

North of Robertsbridge

Sep 22, 2023
East Sussex
As a student in France I was asked to join the handball team, as hand and ball are English, right?

They were disappointed to learn that Hand and Ball are German and that we don’t play or care about handball in the UK

They did let me play rugby though

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Nothing today... just the damn ceremony.
Teasing us for two days and then nothing... not even some little Horse Archery qualification event or whatever.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Such a shame, you rarely get the chance to host the greatest sporting event in the world yet others have to wreak havoc.
I do fear for this Olympics sadly, with the political situation in France & Gaza etc. I can see something happening. Shame as I can't wait for the action to begin, bring on the Greco Roman Wrestling (If it's still in).

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Gaza casually slipped into yet another thread.
sorry meant
Sad World Cup GIF by FIFA

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I do fear for this Olympics sadly, with the political situation in France & Gaza etc. I can see something happening. Shame as I can't wait for the action to begin, bring on the Greco Roman Wrestling (If it's still in).
Not going to delve into politics, but there's always a big fear of something happening at these big sports tournaments... but its VERY rare something actually happens. Maybe someone waves a flag or says something they shouldn't, but other than the Munich massacre a long time ago, nothing much has happened really (in the sports world) in terms of terror etc. Guess its difficult to get any sort of gain from it given how global/civilian the tournaments are.

Lets hope it stays that way.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
KAYAK CROSS
New event this year. A cross between Kayaking and the snowboarding event where the object is to barge the oppo out the way.
And we could be 1st & 2nd.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Not going to watch the opening ceremony... pointless.

Tributes to the Eiffel Tower, whores, wine... maybe some art shit... and a bunch of shit no one has heard of outside France.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here