Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I reckon the woman commentator on the gymnastics is playing Mornington Crescent. A double flange splunger into an upstart handwangle with a triple bell forward pike tumble roll.

99.9% of watchers will have no idea if she is making it up or not.
I was thinking along the same lines!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love a bit of Olympics but the radio 5 coverage is well over the top. There is no need to interview every British competitor's mum, coach, former teacher and best mate before every event. I know they have been training hard and want to win.

For a real scoop find me an athlete's mum who claims their lad is there mainly for the frog's legs and the possibility of some exotic skirt.

And the dressage preamble by the hon. Camilla Lowsparkofthehighheelboy is ill judged. Yes, Camilla, love, we know how they train the horses to ponce around like panto nitwits. They beat them :shrug:

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Also, wish all the best to Nathalie.

One of the prominent names on Team Brazil in Paris, Nathalie Moellhausen raised concerns among fans and the coaching staff in her fencing debut at the Olympics, this Saturday. The 38-year-old athlete became ill during the third half of the fight and needed medical attention. The duel was paused for a few minutes so that it could be attended to. In February this year, she discovered a benign tumor in the coccyx region and has been having problems with chronic pain there.

Shortly after the incident, the fencer left the Grand Palais, the competition venue, and went to a hospital. She lives in Paris and has a private doctor in the city, who is already with her. Regardless of the result at the Olympics, she had already scheduled surgery for Monday, the 29th.

Message from her team. She's already one of the heroes of this Olympics for me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
British men’s doubles in badminton in a hell of a game right now against the #1 seeds

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Convicted child rapist Steven van de Velde made his Olympic beach volleyball debut [for the Netherlands] to a mixed reaction in Paris, with audible boos.

Van de Velde was sentenced to four years in prison in 2016 after admitting three counts of rape against a 12-year-old British girl.'

(Source: BBC website)

On what planet should that guy have been made available for selection? ???

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
I don't get the boxing, gonna have to stop watching it. I get the judges are experts in the field, but I don't understand how the Polish lass got through there, even on a split decision and point deducted. She didn't see to land more shots on Rosie and was on the back foot a lot in the first two rounds. Ah well.

And just discovered we have Eurosports and 8 more channels of Olympics! 😁

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
'Convicted child rapist Steven van de Velde made his Olympic beach volleyball debut [for the Netherlands] to a mixed reaction in Paris, with audible boos.

Van de Velde was sentenced to four years in prison in 2016 after admitting three counts of rape against a 12-year-old British girl.'

(Source: BBC website)

On what planet should that guy have been made available for selection? ???
Yes unbelievably bad optics even if you believe he has been 'reeducated'.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looks a little disappointing for GB so far today. Hope Adam Peaty can put that right tonight but I fear that Chinese rival might spring a surprise.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Quite enjoying the skateboarding TBH, which mostly seems to involve people falling off skateboards

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jack Draper and Dan Evans both playing in the tennis at the moment, Draper 4-1 up first set vs Nishikori, Evans a set up against Echargui

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I love a bit of Olympics but the radio 5 coverage is well over the top. There is no need to interview every British competitor's mum, coach, former teacher and best mate before every event. I know they have been training hard and want to win.

For a real scoop find me an athlete's mum who claims their lad is there mainly for the frog's legs and the possibility of some exotic skirt.

And the dressage preamble by the hon. Camilla Lowsparkofthehighheelboy is ill judged. Yes, Camilla, love, we know how they train the horses to ponce around like panto nitwits. They beat them :shrug:
BBC tv coverage is awful , they don’t want to pay the going rate , so we get an inferior coverage of the games , why don’t ITV or Channel 4 take over , so at least we can get a choice of live events that are going on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here