Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Worth noting that the BBC don't have full access to all the events.
Discovery+ is the place to go. Free to most and in UHD it will show just about every event across it's platform.
Having just signed in on SkyQ (it's free) I have to admit I searched 100 shows they have, all rubbish. Do people really watch 90 day fiance?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'd have given my right arm to get tickets for that at London. Is the fact that most of Paris shove off on holidays
during august to blame maybe?
£104 quid for Opening Ceremony on Timcombo. Whether the French are up for it or not, seems weird. This is the heart of Europe

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Opening Ceremony is on Friday but there will be a few events preceding that.

Football and Rugby Sevens will be on Wednesday. The first event will be football with two matches at 14:00: Argentina vs Morocco & Uzbekistan vs Spain.

On Thursday, we have Football, Rugby Sevens, Archery and Handball. Team GB's first involvement will be in Archery (Women's Individual Ranking Round) at 08:30.

Friday sees only Shooting with three events at 08:00, 09:00, and 10:45. The Opening Ceremony starts at 19:00.
Julio Enciso and Paraguay kick-off their campaign on Wednesday evening.

North of Robertsbridge

Sep 22, 2023
East Sussex
Discovery+ is the place to go. Free to most and in UHD it will show just about every event across it's platform.
Having just signed in on SkyQ (it's free) I have to admit I searched 100 shows they have, all rubbish. Do people really watch 90 day fiance?

Ooh, thanks. I recently got Sky Q and had no idea about the Discovery + app, which I’ve now installed for free. I do also have Eurosport UHD on a French TV subscription, but this should give more choice of 4K streams

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Slightly OT, but did anyone else watch that Daley Thompson doc on BBC2 the other night ? An excellent insight. His father was murdered, his mother never once went to watch him in competition, so he had almost zero support until his auntie stepped in when he was a teenager and let him live with her while he trained (his mum just wanted him to get a job to help with the rent). Some fantastic Olympic footage of him from 76 onwards and the huge crowning glory of LA 84.

Its knocking about on iPlayer. Highly recommended, will get you in the mood.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Slightly OT, but did anyone else watch that Daley Thompson doc on BBC2 the other night ? An excellent insight. His father was murdered, his mother never once went to watch him in competition, so he had almost zero support until his auntie stepped in when he was a teenager and let him live with her while he trained (his mum just wanted him to get a job to help with the rent). Some fantastic Olympic footage of him from 76 onwards and the huge crowning glory of LA 84.

Yes, I did. Isn’t it incredible how little we knew about our superstars in those days, having to rely on newspapers and a few TV channels to tell us what was going on, and if we missed it…… we missed it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, I did. Isn’t it incredible how little we knew about our superstars in those days, having to rely on newspapers and a few TV channels to tell us what was going on, and if we missed it…… we missed it.
Absolutely.

I was too young for Moscow 80, but I remember watching LA 84 as a kid and being enthralled by him (and went on to break many a joystick on that Spectrum game :lolol:). I knew almost nothing of his backstory though, till watching that doc the other night. What an amazing character and career.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Thanks for the heads up, will definitely look this up. Purely because of this......

Daley_Thompson's_Decathlon_Cover.jpg

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Going on a long-awaited city break to Bordeaux this week, then TGV-ing to Paris to revel in some of the rowing and equestrian. Hoping the weather holds out, and our flight to Bordeaux is uneventful, and we win a ton of medals, and the French (Parisians) don't eat me alive for failing in my attempts to speak their language. So excited all the same.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ah, thanks. I hadn't realised that. Although I'm hoping / assuming the BBC will have all of the Track and Field, the triathlons and the boxing. The other events I can live without tbh.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The gloomy spectre of a surge in covid cases is now looming large over the Olympics. One Australian Water Polo player confirmed in their camp and now isolating with 2 other suspected cases for them. All this mixing is a recipe for disaster, sensible precautions should be taken.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Charlotte Dujardin, Britain's joint-most decorated female Olympian, has pulled out of Paris 2024 after a video emerged showing her "making an error of judgement"

What was the error of judgement?

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here