Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes. Disappointed tbh.

I thought it was going to be who could dismantle a 1996MY Ford Mondeo LX the quickest. I had high hopes for TeamGB.
Surely a team of Scousers ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Already pulled from the next Olympics. Has no place in the Olympics.
I thought it was a joke. Some kind of end of event celebration.

I still think I'm being wooshed.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The breakdance thing is all about IOC trying to be down with the kids. They're 30 years late though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it just me or is Laura Kenny not . . .

I'll get my coat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You really need a break from the keyboard unless it's in the LA28 Games

Talking of future games, how come they're back in Australia in 2032, just 7 events after they last held it? Seems a bit ridiculous for a country of only 26 million people.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Talking of future games, how come they're back in Australia in 2032, just 7 events after they last held it? Seems a bit ridiculous for a country of only 26 million people.
London is after 2040 according to Sadiq Khan.

The process seems different now. The cities hold discussions with the IOC committee who then put forward a preferred candidate. It's then ratified much later. Apparently it's to avoid influence.

Me neither.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
London is after 2040 according to Sadiq Khan.

That's not booked :shrug:

The process seems different now. The cities hold discussions with the IOC committee who then put forward a preferred candidate. It's then ratified much later. Apparently it's to avoid influence.

Me neither.

I'm sure other countries will want it, so I don't see why it should be given to those (including us) who've just had it.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's not booked :shrug:

I'm sure other countries will want it, so I don't see why it should be given to those (including us) who've just had it.
Well it looks like the Germans were none to happy as they had serious interest.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No probably about it - I doubt that anyone will beat 3 Olympic golds in the Heptathlon
She’s astonishing, but I’d still place Joyner-Kersee above her: 1 silver, 2 gold at the Olympics (yes, worse than Thiam), and, critically for me, World Record holder @7291, vs Thiam’s 6880 yesterday, which is itself the best score in 2024.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
My guess is that it - inofficially - might be connected to having a similar time zone as China.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well it looks like the Germans were none to happy as they had serious interest.

I don't understand. They're not happy with the one we want to go for? Has it somehow been promised to us, which sounds weird.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She’s astonishing, but I’d still place Joyner-Kersee above her: 1 silver, 2 gold at the Olympics (yes, worse than Thiam), and, critically for me, World Record holder @7291

Do we ignore the steroid allegations?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah; there is that, I concede.

It’s tough, innit. Allegations, yes; but no proof. An asterisk against the record, maybe?

I love sport, but doping is a real downer on it. Regarding heptathlon though, I'm just saying it makes it difficult to compare the world records.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
A couple of questions, what is the flag on the Dutch shirts not their normal flag but blue white blue? and are the Madison bikes fixed wheel??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
According to this it would appear not although I have no clue how correct he is, weirdly it came up on my yt recommended list the other day

Really useful, thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here