Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Paris 2024 Olympics & Paralympics ***Official Match Thread***

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Way too random in places, some of the breakaway videos almost felt like Eurovision, I was half expecting a pissed up Terry Wogan to be making sarcastic comments about some fella running around on a roof.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The worst opening ceremony I can remember. Dragged on far too long and was all over the place with no fluidity. Embarrassing and cringe.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Postponed until Monday due to the rain
If they need to postpone events due to rain its going to be a long, long Olympics I guess..

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If they need to postpone events due to rain its going to be a long, long Olympics I guess..
It’s going to be an even longer Olympics if the BBC presenters keep banging on about how magical Paris is, too :yawn:

But to be fair, I suppose if dog shit and rude people are your thing, it’s right up there as a top destination.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not a huge Celine Dion fan, but how on earth can you say she's shit after that performance?
I didn't say the performance was shit, just that she's shit as a musician in general. What was she doing there, she's not French?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It’s going to be an even longer Olympics if the BBC presenters keep banging on about how magical Paris is, too :yawn:

But to be fair, I suppose if dog shit and rude people is your thing, it’s right up there as a top destination.
I spent a day there and like any capital city I've ever been to, I felt it it is streamlined and soulless and could be replaced by any other big city.

Actually it was probably the stop in Paris that made me decide I'll skip out on capital cities whenever I go somewhere. Usually they're all dirty and busy and filled with stressed out people who do nothing but work.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I spent a day there and like any capital city I've ever been to, I felt it it is streamlined and soulless and could be replaced by any other big city.

Actually it was probably the stop in Paris that made me decide I'll skip out on capital cities whenever I go somewhere. Usually they're all dirty and busy and filled with stressed out people who do nothing but work.
Such a loss for Paris

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
GB just taken the lead against Spain in the men’s hockey, big defensive error

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
You have to admire the ambition of the opening ceremony in trying to do something different and show the city rather than just a stadium, but yeah it didn't really work, and the weather didn't help. It must have been bewildering for those actually there live too.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I didn't say the performance was shit, just that she's shit as a musician in general. What was she doing there, she's not French?
I'm 98.2% sure I heard U2 at the 2012 Olympics ceremony. They're not English are they?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm 98.2% sure I heard U2 at the 2012 Olympics ceremony. They're not English are they?
Not forgetting Paul McCartney, too.

(Although now a naturalised Brit, living in Sussex, he was actually born and raised in the Independent Republic of Merseyside).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You said she was a shit Canadian while she was involved in one of the best parts of the ceremony.

You often do this. Say something odd, then when pulled up for it you insist everyone else has got it wrong. Embarrassing.

It's not that everybody else misunderstood you, it's that you failed to read the room by calling her shit just at a time when she was lighting up the ceremony with her fantastic voice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here