Votes: 92 54.8%
  • Russell Slade

Votes: 76 45.2%

• Total voters

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Pardew all the way for me. Its a no contest. Pardew is a guy you would want in the trenches with you with a decent track record and is his own man. Just what we need right now. Please let it be ALAN.
Right that settles it, Slade for me. Come on everybody, when have you EVER known U.S. to be right? :lolol:

Edit: Just looked at the poll options. Wasn't 'Sade' that soul singer from the Eighties? Could do a job.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What worries me about Pardew are two things:

1. His slightly aloof / arrogant personality and
2. Charlton's dramatic slide this season on his watch.

This is why I feel we need a manager with a bit of fight - someone like Gannon or Dowie is a better fit for where the club is right now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I honestly cant decide between the 2 of them :shrug:

agree absolutely - both have their strengths and bring particular potential benefits. If either were appointed I would be reasonably happy. Certainly wont be complaining...........................................but whoever it is I would love to see them in the dug-out on Saturday having ideally met the players and backroom staff beforehand!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Pardew even though he's a cock at times.
Better connections and really wants to prove himself i think

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Slade all day long.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Mr Slade please.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh dear! This should be interesting. About a 50-50 split. So can we look to more bitching from those unhappy about the appointment?

Of course... it's the bitching that makes the whole NSC experience worthwhile for some on here... unity and happiness would spoil it for them. I personally voted for Pardew based upon the 606 rumour about the new backroom team; whereas I'd be happy with either, until they lose their 1st match... then I'll calling for their head on a plate... ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have never really warmed to Pardew and I wouldn't read anything into the alleged desire for a three year contract. Most managers would want some form of security and I don't see it as a deciding factor that he would be dedicated to the role.

Pardew does seem to be a bit of a fading star in my humble opinion. I don't know an awful lot about Slade, but he has a decent record in the lower reaches of the league and has been working at clubs with small budgets.

I went for Slade.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I have never really warmed to Pardew and I wouldn't read anything into the alleged desire for a three year contract. Most managers would want some form of security and I don't see it as a deciding factor that he would be dedicated to the role.

Pardew does seem to be a bit of a fading star in my humble opinion. I don't know an awful lot about Slade, but he has a decent record in the lower reaches of the league and has been working at clubs with small budgets.

I went for Slade.

I'm suprised by that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here