Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paralympics - would you watch it?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's Unfortunate For Sure And I'm Glad I'm Not Disabled But There Really Has Been Some Bollocks Posted On Here About How Humbling It Is To See These Plucky People. Am I The Only One Who Finds That Kind Of Thing Really Patronising?

I'm sure there's a lot of disabled people who dont wish to be patronised, but then again you can bet your life there's an equal amount of disabled people who dont wish to be insulted by being called spacka and retard.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's To Be Expected. There's Not Much To Be Egotistical About When You're A Spacka Or Retard.

"Ooh. Look At Me Running. What With My Prosthetic Arse And Everything. Aren't I Clever?"

As opposed to "Ooh. Look At Me. I'm Going To Post Something Controversial On A Message Board. Aren't I Clever."

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My first job was working on a programme about disabled sport.

Led me to opinion that most of them should really be Olympic Sports at the main event without the the disabled tag.

One in particular I remember is wheelchair tennis, f*cking amazing sport.

The upper body strength required to move the chair around the court (with one hand) and whack the thing over the net like an able bodied pro has to be seen to be believed.

Once you've seen someone do water ski jumping, in a wheelchair - you've seen it all.

I also recall a blind judo champion who was good enough to compete with the able bodied competitors.

I'm read with interest the comments by Magoo above though, I'm not surprised. The problem is that such things can be viewed as being "worthy exploits", but actually like the tennis - it can be enjoyed in it's own right.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm sure there's a lot of disabled people who dont wish to be patronised, but then again you can bet your life there's an equal amount of disabled people who dont wish to be insulted by being called spacka and retard.

Spot on.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
No,I wouldn't watch,and am getting extremely 'picky' about which parts of the main Olympics I'll bother with.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The 100 metres for people with no sense of direction was good last time.....

Though I had to miss the end as I was going out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here